1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish DTVPal enters Inactivity Standby during an event?

Discussion in 'DISH™ OTA Support and Discussion Forum' started by patman2, Feb 10, 2009.

1. patman2

patman2 Cool Member

Oct 25, 2007
    Last night my DTVPal (Dish TR-40) had two events: 8:00-9:00 and 10:00-11:00. Both weekly events. The first was fine. The second started up at 10:00 but at 10:16 a box popped up with this message:

DTVPal is about to enter Inactivity Standby in 15 seconds

Sure enough, after counting down the 15 seconds, the DTVPal turned itself off! (saw this on the recording later)

I have inactivity standby enabled and set to 4 hours. I also normally leave my DTVPal turned off. I'm just really surprised that it would go into inactivity standby in the middle of a timer event. Anyone else having this problem?

I've seen the suggestions posted elsewhere about leaving the DTVPal turned on and disabling Inactivity Standby. Is this the only solution? BTW I ordered the DTVPal 1/17/09, software is F105 in case that's relevant i.e. gives some indication about whether it is likely to include fixes for the timer event errors that early adopters experienced.

2. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Set inactivity to 8 hrs. would be 1 possible correction. I believe pushing select while the countdown timer is flashing would cancel it.