1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Dish for RV

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by rposgood, Jun 27, 2013.

1. rposgood

rposgood New Member

Jun 23, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Hi all,

I am looking for the best solution to the following. We RV for a month or more and have grand kids visit during this time. I would like to be able to watch one satellite channel on one TV while the kids watch another channel on the other TV. We would also like to record shows and then play them back over either TV and still watch another channel on the other TV. The Tailgater system with the VIP221K receiver does not allow me to do any of this.

My thinking is to get a 1000.4 antenna on a tripod and then get a VIP722 receiver. I know it is not as easy to setup the antenna but I see no other choice other than to buy a $900 Winegard system..... too much money.

Thoughts, alternatives, etc?

Thanks

2. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    Have you contacted a retailer for information about the best setup for you? Here is a link you can use to contact them about information: http://www.dishformyrv.com/. Thanks.

3. jamelar

jamelar Cool Member

Dec 30, 2010
    That is exactly how I do it. I have a VIP722K receiver and a spare satellite dish with a tripod and short pole. Get a compass and a simple satellite meter, follow instructions in the satellite dish setup manual. After about the third time you set up, it will go much quicker.