1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish HD package

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by juan ellitinez, Apr 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juan ellitinez

juan ellitinez Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 31, 2003
    How many people think E*' HD package is way over priced

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I wouldn't say "way"... but I'd agree it is overpriced... 'course DirecTv has essentially the same package (they have Universal instead of TNT) and it costs $1 more than Dish.

Some cable companies are priced better or worse depending on where you are.

3. BFG

BFG Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    I've payed them 9.99 each month for about 14 months now, with no gripes.
    If I would've went with owning my box instead of leasing I'd say it's worth it because dish is the only provider I know of where you can sub to just the HD pack. And If you refer 3 friends via club dish, you'd have it free for a whole year

4. juan ellitinez

Jan 31, 2003
    The problem I have with the HD package is that it seems like I'm paying for the same programming twice. Discover HD is good but 90% of what they show is also available on their SD channels. Ditto for TNT and ESPN!! So basically we are paying 10 bucks a month for 2 unique channels that show some sports but mostly old shows that are upconverted!! I was hoping Charlie would throw us a bone with Voom..Instead he screwed us over again!!!!

5. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    ? <-- You forgot the question mark again, Juan.

If you've come here to find sympathy for your cheap-ass ways, go somewhere else.

I counted up and found just one old grouch whos thinks the Dish HD pak is overpriced. I also counted 739, 561 subcribers who think Dish HD is a good deal, and one old fart who thinks it is underpriced.

Using my self-established standard of roughly $2 per HD channel per month, I would say that $9.95 for five HD channels is just about right. I don't know what the poster expects, but over the last three years, I've noticed that there are a lot of cheap *******s on these boards. Frankly, I'm ok with what I am paying for HD. I remember the DSC-HD only days.

Now, with the coming addition of the VOOM channels, the deal can only get sweeter.

6. juan ellitinez

Jan 31, 2003
    If I didnt have cheap-ass ways I would never have subscribed to E* :lol: :lol:

7. ditch

ditch New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Nick
    I'm 33, unwed and ditsy

(Can't add Photo.)

User# 259

ROTFLMAO!!!!! :lol:

8. Jordan420

Jordan420 Legend

Nov 11, 2003
    Well with the TEN, 10, count them 10 new channels, I think the price is great!

9. BFG

BFG Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    except those 10 channels will cost an extra $5.

it was great until they wanted extra for them.

10. Laverne

Laverne Guest

Feb 17, 2005
    Haven't we just been discussing this somewhere????

And didn't we discuss it back about a month ago also????

Maybe marko and j5races are really E* employees! :rolleyes: :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.