1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DISH Hopper and Tivo

Discussion in 'DISH™ OTA Support and Discussion Forum' started by ESA1178, Oct 29, 2012.

1. ESA1178

ESA1178 AllStar

Dec 3, 2011
    I was wondering if I can hook up my rabbit ears to the Tivo and HD output to TV. Then regular dish network on the hopper and HD out to the sane TV.
    The reason is that we love Antenna TV and like to record it during the night.
    So we would switch inputs in order to watch DISH or TIVO,

Is this doable?

Thanks!

Mark

2. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    I do it all the time, 2 HD TiVos and a Dish ViP211 with EHD plus HDDVDplayer and Bluray - 5 HDMI inputs to single TV.

Your only limitation is how many HDMI inputs your TV has, I had to buy a 5 way HDMI switch, with remote of course.

3. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    The 5x1 HDMI switch with a remote is very cheap at eBay: $10-20.