1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish hopper upgrade help me

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by parvezjasani, Jun 25, 2012.

1. parvezjasani

parvezjasani New Member

Jun 25, 2012
    can you please tell me why i have not qualified to get hooper, my contrect is up and i am ready renew for 2 year please help i dont want to cancel but i need hooper

2. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Hard to know without your info, subscription, payment history, ect. Wait for DIRT member to contact you and let them assist you.

3. sliderbob

sliderbob Legend

Aug 9, 2007
    Been with them for 2 1/2 years on the pay-in-advance account and they offered me 1 joey and 1 hopper....for over $600. ONLY NEW customers will receive a FREE hopper. Even though your contract is up, you still will NOT receive that type of offer..gotta be a NEW customer. Bummer, huh?

4. Marlin Guy

Marlin Guy Hall Of Fame

Apr 8, 2009
    Cancel account in one name and order new in wife's or other family member's name?

5. parvezjasani

parvezjasani New Member

Jun 25, 2012
    thats what i am going to do , i thought soneone for dish network can help me

6. parvezjasani

parvezjasani New Member

Jun 25, 2012
    i am going to sign up on my wifes name

7. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    Good luck with that. She may not qualify for the free Hopper either.

8. rbyers

rbyers Godfather

Jan 14, 2004
    I'm beginning to be interested in the Hopper. I have a 622 and a 722K and my monthly equipment cost looks like it's $17 + a $6 DVR fee + and a $7 service fee. I think the $7 service fee is to take care of any problems I may have.

If I purchase a Hopper/Joey/Node, will the $17 equipment fee disappear? If so, the time to recover my investment is just over 2 years. I'm mostly happy with my current setup. My biggest issue is really with my wife .. who would like to watch recordings on from the downstairs box while she is upstairs. I do admit to some curiosity as to why one can't move recordings from one box to another if they are both connected to the network.

9. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    The $17 will be replaced with different fees. DVR fee goes up to $10 from $6 and you'll have 3 $7 fees for the 3 Joeys you'll need. Also, you can use an external hard drive to share recordings between your current HDDVRs.

10. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    Depends on how many TVs you're serving with those 2 dualies.

11. parvezjasani

parvezjasani New Member

Jun 25, 2012
    is anyone from dish going to help me to get hooper

12. parvezjasani

parvezjasani New Member

Jun 25, 2012
    i have not heard from anyone from dish so far

13. Marlin Guy

Marlin Guy Hall Of Fame

Apr 8, 2009
    While Dish does staff these forums with people to help with such issues as they see fit, this is not the first line of communication to them.
    You should make direct contact with them through their own website or by phone, and not rely on these forums to do that for you.

14. Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus Icon

Jul 29, 2011
    Pay in advance/Flex accounts dont really qualify for anything. Tough luck you wont be getting the same offer as new customers or regular DHA customers either.

15. RaymondG@DISH Network

RaymondG@DISH Network New Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Please send me a Private Message with your phone or account number and I'll be happy to review your upgrade options with you. Thanks!

16. RaymondG@DISH Network

RaymondG@DISH Network New Member

Jul 21, 2011

The $7 Protection Plan will reduce the cost of installation from $95 to only $15. Depending on the number of TV's you have connected with your current set up, you will want to have a Hopper for your main TV and a Joey at each additional TV location. The first receiver is always included with the price of your package, any additional Hoppers or Joeys will be $7 each per month. If you want me to provide you with an exact quote of what your bill would be if you upgraded please send me a PM with your phone or account number. Thanks!