1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish Install Question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by dlt4, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dlt4

dlt4 Godfather

Oct 4, 2006
    Florida
    I'm moving on the 26th, and will be contacting D* to order a new dish install. I currently have SD receivers/TVs, but will probably be upgrading to HD within the next few months, or year at the most. Does it make sense to have them install the required dish for HD, or just wait until I actually upgrade?

Thanks!

2. gulfwarvet

gulfwarvet Tips & Resources Collaboration

Mar 7, 2007
    yes i would, if it was me.

you wouldn't have to worry about another install date to upgrade. call and ask them if they would upgrade your system/dish. Plus even tho you'll have the SD TV, with the new HD boxes you could watch all the new HD channels

3. randyk47

randyk47 Icon

Aug 21, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    I have mixed HD and SD on my system with a Slimline. I see no reason not to install the Slimline right off the bat, no sense in going through two installations. In fact, I'm not sure D* would even has or will install an old 3 LNB. My installer said they don't but......

4. dlt4

dlt4 Godfather

Oct 4, 2006
    Florida
    So can I use my SD boxes with the HD dish? If I have HD boxes wouldn't I have to pay the HD programming fee, which would essentially be for nothing with HDTVs?

Thanks for the replies.

5. gulfwarvet

gulfwarvet Tips & Resources Collaboration

Mar 7, 2007
    simple answer yes you can still use your existing SD boxes.

6. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan New Member

Nov 29, 2005

Yes...it's my understanding if you have HD receivers on your account, you automatically get charged the HD Access fee. Regardless of whether or not you have an HD set to view the HD channels. You can still view the HD channels on an SD set, just not in an HD resolution.

7. techrep

techrep Hall Of Fame

Sep 15, 2007
    They do look a little better even on a SD TV.

8. dlt4

dlt4 Godfather

Oct 4, 2006
    Florida
    As always, thanks for the feedback. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.