1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish iPad app stuck on SD . .

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by pmjones, Oct 12, 2012.

1. pmjones

pmjones AllStar

Aug 3, 2012
    So, the last few weeks the iPad application has been stuck in 'SD' mode even though absolutely nothing has changed with my router or sling setup.

Any thoughts on this? Even when I select 'HD' as the only option, it plays in SD, yet at a high enough bit rate to easily do HD. The other strange part - if I uninstall and reinstall the app, I get HD . . . . Until the next time I open the app (next day, etc.) and then we are back to SD only.

Anyone else see this or have an idea?

2. Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2006
    A Galaxy...

It's a problem with Sling itself on a back end server. It's happened on all independant slingbox's themselves as well. they just released a slingbox update to address the issue and have corrected it on all standalone models except the solo (which I'm assuming the coding for the combo/integrated IRD models is based off since ypour still having issues).

You can consult the forums on sling for an update oon the issue. The new iphone app update specifically mentions the issue will be corrected by the end of October.

3. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    This is being fixed with an update soon.

4. pmjones

pmjones AllStar

Aug 3, 2012
    Do you have any more info on this? Recently switched from a 722 to a 922 and same problem. If I reinstall the iPad app, I get HQ (until the next time I log on) then stuck in Standard Quality. Yet bitrate is at 4k (!).

5. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    It's working fine for me now.

6. pmjones

pmjones AllStar

Aug 3, 2012
    Also working for me now (since the update).