1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish it up

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by kf4omc, Jan 22, 2009.

1. kf4omc

kf4omc Godfather

Apr 11, 2006
    What happened to the Dish It Up Deals? I am thinking of upgrading to HD in the next few months and I was wanting to see what it would cost. When I went to the Web site and clicked on the Dish it up deals it said that there isn't any deals available at this time. I guess Dish doesn't want their customers to upgrade.

2. fbara

fbara New Member

Dec 22, 2008
    I get the offers without a problem. Maybe they just don't have any offers for your account? Give 'em a call and find out.

3. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    Have you done a Dish'n It Up upgrade within the last 12 months? If so, that's why. You must wait at least 12 months since your last DIU to do another one. If you want to upgrade faster, you have to buy retail instead of the DIU lease.

4. kf4omc

kf4omc Godfather

Apr 11, 2006
    No Never have done a Dish it up. Two weeks ago it listed prices for an HD upgrade. But now when I go there it says no offers avaible at this time? I guess I will have to call and see what is going on.

5. n0aaa

n0aaa Cool Member

Sep 25, 2006
    I certainly got a good deal when I came to Dish from DirectV. I thought they over-emphasized sports and did not care about HDTV (and won't, until this nice new TV (1988) wears out). I was in no hurry to go from B&W to color, either. Early color sucked. I hope the deals to convert you to HDTV are as good. I don't know how I ever got along without being able to review a scene (or a play) at will. -Jan

6. metrounit9

metrounit9 Cool Member

Apr 26, 2005
    I called Dish earlier this week about upgrading to HD service. (Currently have a standard definition 625 DVR).

CSR told me that cost to upgrade to a HD DVR and install/realign dish for HD Sats would be $150, but that they were running a promotion over the next few months that would bring the cost down to about $50 (plus an additional $10/month for HD channels on the AT 200 package). It would also require a new 2-year commitment. He said promotion would last awhile because of the DTV switch over in Feb.

If I pull the trigger on an HDTV over the next few months I'll probably take the offer. Although, right now I don't have a commitment and kind of like it that way.

Dan

7. SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg New Member

Aug 30, 2004
    Yeah, that's probably it. :rolleyes:

8. DishChris

DishChris New Member

Jan 23, 2009
    The qualification for a DIU runs off several factors. Generally if the account is brand new (12 months or less), don't have a good payment history being another factor. I would just call cust service it could be an online error where we just updated our site a few months ago. If the front line advises you no just request loyalty team.

9. Zero327

Zero327 Godfather

Oct 10, 2006
    Hello my little nooblet! Welcome to the meat grinder. I would change your username if I were you. I also wouldn't be telling people to whine to get what they want if you care to stay employed. The system also runs off of credit score, payment amounts, and blah blah blah... but what do you know? *shrug*

10. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    :confused: WTF?