1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish locals only?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by curlers, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. curlers

curlers New Member

Apr 30, 2006
    I've been reading awhile and getting lots of good information. Currently, I have Dish and saw on the Sky Angel website that Dish offer locals only for $5.99.
    Then I saw on this website that Dish has other ala carte programming along with PI channels.

I called Dish csr to get locals only with the $6 access fee. The first csr wound up cutting the phone off. Then I called tech support and they said I couldn't get it because my 322 receiver is leased. I didn't know that. I can't find my agreement.

I called csr back to get a copy but they could only confirm I lease the 322 but can't send documentation. I have OTA with digital receiver but don't get much. I had the AT120 and last week downgraded it to the Family package which isn't much. I'd rather just have locals which I don't have now.

How do I do this? Buy a simple dish receiver. I don't need a recorder. Where do I buy one?

Thank you for any help.

2. larrystotler

larrystotler Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 6, 2004
    eBay. DIsh requires at least the FamiltyPack/AT60 with a leased receiver. Also, if you have SkyAngel, you pay their fee and $5.99 for the locals. If all you want is the locals they will charge you $5.99 and a $5.00 programming fee for not having a qualifying programming package. That fee is PER month as well.

3. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    I believe Feb.1st the fee increased to $6 for not having a basic pack. Curlers your entire system is leased from DISH if you go below the Family Pak you may have to return everything.:(

4. narnia777

narnia777 Legend

Mar 28, 2003
    If you get your own receiver and have sky angel there is no other access fee you can add Locals or superstations for $5.99 or single superstations and any waiver'd distant channels for $1.50.

I have sky angel, 3 superstations at $1.50 each and 2 distant waviers. I pay Dish $7.50 and Sky Angel $14.99.

Jim

5. Fifty Caliber

Fifty Caliber Banned User

Jan 4, 2006
    And if you wanted to, you could call E* and get the PI package at no additional charge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.