1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish Network Cut Out in 4th quarter of Vikings/Packers

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by MilFan, Oct 24, 2010.

1. MilFan

MilFan Legend

Sep 13, 2010
    This is absolutely unreal. Not only did they F me with Fox Sports, but the Packers/Vikings game I've waited for for months is now cutting out in the 4th quarter. There is absolutely zero rain in Madison.

How in the hell do you lose a local channel out of nowhere?

2. GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    Raining here in Couer D Alene, ID. Didn't miss a play in the 4th quarter.

3. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Are you sure your local channel wasn't the culprit? Maybe they lost the feed or are having non-weather-related broadcast problems?

4. UnkleBuck

UnkleBuck Cool Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Same thing happened here in Akron Ohio !
    It went out 3-4 times and then a message from Dish appeared.:nono:

5. GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    The Blue screen message saying Don't worry about calling Dish is aware of the problem message? Thats a message they put out when they have signal problems from the Broadcaster.

6. Joe Diver

Joe Diver AllStar

Oct 12, 2006
    I wonder if something else was going on? I have clear skies here in North Texas and I started losing signal as well...several times....and I'm on DirecTV. It seems to have stabilized now and has been fine for 45 mins or so.

7. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    You're just not having a good October, are you? :rolleyes:

8. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    Where is Direct's uplink center?

9. BillJ

BillJ Icon

May 5, 2005
    All the Chicago channels I checked went off during the game last night. I assumed it was a problem at the Chicago feed site. Maybe it was in Colorado instead.

10. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    Was fine in Jersey...

11. DodgerKing

DodgerKing Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2008
    Castle Rock, Colorado is there main one

12. BNUMM

BNUMM Hall Of Fame

Dec 23, 2006
    Wisconsin May have been going out due to storms south of there. In SW Michigan we were getting some pretty significant electrical storms during the game. The bad weather does not have to be in your area to affect signal. As for Ohio I don't know what the weather to the south of there was like.

13. SDWC

SDWC AllStar

Dec 14, 2005
    Watched the whole game here in Pittsburgh, absolutely no signal issues.

14. MilFan

MilFan Legend

Sep 13, 2010
    Apparently, something you figured was easy to do (watching your favorite team play if you have a TV) is not if you have Dish Network.

But yeah, I missed about half the fourth quarter last night, thankfully it came back for the final two minutes. I had the screen, "no reason to call, Dish Network is aware of the problem and is working to fix it" or something to that effect. Saw the message probably five times during the 4th quarter.

15. JeffN9

JeffN9 Legend

Apr 14, 2007
    FYI, I watched the whole game using my roof top antenna and other than a couple of momentary audio dropouts everything was fine so I don't think WMTV 15 was to blame.

16. packerfan31

packerfan31 AllStar

Oct 14, 2008
    I experienced the same issue in Madison, I am not worrying about it because they put a message on screen saying it was on there end

17. clotter

clotter AllStar

Apr 12, 2008
    I had 4 to 5 cut-outs accompanied by a message - don't remember exactly what the message was though. North of Green Bay... I was a good hour behind actual game time and was really getting worried that I was going to lose the rest of the recording though. It came through in the end, as did the Pack! :D

18. BNUMM

BNUMM Hall Of Fame

Dec 23, 2006
    That message does not mean that the problem is on their end. I t appears the receivers are programmed to show that message any time locals signals are lost. Probably to avoid too many phone calls.

19. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Exactly... so while it is likely there was a problem at the uplink site OR possible transponder issues... a problem on the customer end (Dish obstruction by a tree or weather or receiver failure) can also cause this.

20. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    I think you get a different message if it is a site problem (obstruction, weather etc.)