1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Dish Network & DirecTV wiring diagram

Discussion in 'Technical Talk (Closed Forum)' started by mindshaft, May 15, 2004.

1. mindshaft

mindshaft New Member

May 15, 2004
    I have two 6 ft. Channel Master dishes. The dishes are at 110 and 119, each has a dual LNB. I currently have all four feeds gong to Dish Network using an SW64.

Unfortunately, the Dish Network HD channels are on transponders that are not available in the Caribbean. I was sad to discover this after I purchased a $4000 HD television :( But then I did a little testing, and it turns out that I get all of the DirecTV transponder on the 119 and 110, which coincidentally care their HD channels. Note, I do not get the DirecTV 101 satellite.

Can someone suggest a wire configuration that would allow me still get my Dish Network channels AND get the DirecTV HD channels all from my two dishes?

2. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    You can't due to the way Directv feeds 110 to their receivers. Directv uses a special LNBF(Sat C) that down converts the assigned frequencies on 110 to frequencies that it dosen't use on 119. Transponders from 110 show up as transponders 8,10 and 12 on 119 these transponders are used by DISH so on your system it can't be done.

3. mindshaft

mindshaft New Member

May 15, 2004
    Would the attached wiring diagram work?

4. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003

If he wants to put up another 6Ft. dish it might work but if he was going to put up another 6Ft. dish I would aim it at 101 and switch everything to Directv and improve the system totally.

5. mindshaft

mindshaft New Member

May 15, 2004

LOL That would be perfect, but unfortunately we can't get 101 in the US Virgin Islands.

6. Mike500

Mike500 Hall Of Fame

May 10, 2002
    Depending on the focus aperature of the Channel Master 6 foot dish, you may be able to place both the SatC lnb and the standard lnb side by side on one dish, without much degradation of the signal strength. You can map this out with a standard lnb and a Dish Network receiver and/or a good satellite meter.

If it works, it would save having to put up two dishes at 110.

7. mindshaft

mindshaft New Member

May 15, 2004
    Great idea! I just purchased a "DTV Sat C Kit" on ebay. It includes the Sat C lnb and the SatB/SatC Combiner. Should be here by Friday. I'll try your suggestion and keep you posted.

8. Blademan

Blademan Mentor

Jun 2, 2004
    Do you have the link for this diagram source? I recall some website that had just about every possible variation for Dish+Directv sat combinations.

I ask because I want to use the 119 off my Directv elliptical to also feed my Dish feed (I currently only use 61.5, but it seems that software updates for my PVR721 are only available on 119).

Nothing like trying to track down links from years before that you never thought you'd need. Here's the first place I'd seen a diagram, still looking for the more detailed one: http://www.techweenies.com/dss-1.shtml

9. Mike500

Mike500 Hall Of Fame

May 10, 2002
    Try Bruce's Antenna Service

His web site is www.18inch.com

He sells components at reasonable prices, and he has connection diagrams.

10. Blademan

Blademan Mentor

Jun 2, 2004
    That's it! Thanks a bunch, Mike.