1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Dish Network -Eastern Arc azimuth and altitude angles

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by bobp16, Jan 30, 2009.

1. bobp16

bobp16 New Member

Jan 30, 2009
    I live in Rochester, NY and I would like to find out the azimuth degree and altitude angles for the following Dish Network satellites that I think make up the Eastern Arc (I can not get the Western Arc satellites since those are blocked by tall trees):

61.5 72.7 and 77.0

I've tried to ask the Dish sales representatives but all they do is say they will sell me the service and send someone to my house to see if they can get a signal.

Thank you for your help!

2. Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp Analog Geek in a Digital World Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern...
    What's your zip code and I'll look up the 1000.4 point angles for you.

3. bobp16

bobp16 New Member

Jan 30, 2009

Thank you!!!

4. tkrandall

tkrandall Hall Of Fame

Oct 3, 2003
    try this web site, it will give the elevation angle and azimuth to each sattelite location. That, plus it is a very cool site anyway.

http://gjullien.fr/satellite.htm

5. MrDogDad

MrDogDad Mentor

Nov 20, 2006
    This site: http://www.dishpointer.com/, will give you the info you need with a nice aerial photo that will help you see if you have any obstructions.

6. Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp Analog Geek in a Digital World Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern...
    Sorry, I got busy at work. The pointing information for a Dish 1000.4 Eastern Arc for zip code 14626 is: 40° EL, 140° AZ, 85° SK