1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DISH Network First Pay-TV Provider to Give Customers Ability/Watch Live TV on Android

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by James Long, Jan 6, 2011.

1. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    DISH Network First Pay-TV Provider to Give Customers Ability to Watch Their Live TV on Android Tablets
    Free DISH Remote Access App Transforms Android Tablet into a TV

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Jan. 6, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- DISH Network L.L.C., today announced that DISH Remote Access, the free application that gives DISH Network customers the ability to watch their live and recorded TV on compatible smartphones, tablets and laptops, is now optimized for the higher-pixel Android™ tablet screens.

DISH Network customers with a broadband-connected, Sling-enabled™ device such as the Sling Adapter™ — a small placeshifting device that pairs with DISH Network's ViP® 722 or 722k HD DVRs — can enjoy live and recorded TV viewing on Android tablets.

"DISH Network is the only pay-TV provider to offer a true TV everywhere solution, and now we've optimized that experience for the larger screen size of the Android tablets," said DISH Network Chief Marketing Officer Ira Bahr. "Now Dish Network customers can enjoy their TV Everywhere experience on tablets like the Galaxy Tab, as well as the dozens of new Android-based tablet devices soon to be introduced."

In addition to TV viewing, the DISH Remote Access app also gives DISH Network customers with compatible DVRs the ability to browse and search up to nine days of programming, schedule DVR recordings, manage conflicts, delete shows on multiple receivers, and transform the Android tablet into a fully-functioning remote control.

The DISH Remote Access app for Android tablets can be downloaded for free through the Android Market. DISH Remote Access is also available on compatible iPad, iPhone®, iPod touch®, Android mobile phones and Blackberry® devices.

For more information about DISH Remote Access, visit www.dish.com/tveverywhere.

http://investor.echostar.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=542180

2. ciurca

ciurca Godfather

Apr 14, 2009
    My sling enabled HR23 can be viewed on my Android as well. Whoppity do.

3. Scottie73

Scottie73 New Member

Sep 12, 2007
    Then why are you here reading about this? You must really be bored.:new_sleep

4. farmerdave4

farmerdave4 Mentor

Apr 19, 2007
    How about some real news from Dish on what they will not be delivering again this year. 922 was never as good as anyone hoped it would be. :grin:

5. James Long

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Separate Sling devices allow a lot of devices to be used remotely ... your HR23 is no more "enabled" than a 80's VHS. You can thank EchoStar Technologies for being able to see it on your 'droid. :D

6. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Yep.. Thats what makes sling so nice to have...

Uh, say what? Thats like me saying any dish dvr that doesn't have MRV is no more enabled than an 8 track tape with video.. An HR does plenty more than a old VCR, just as a Dish DVR does..

7. James Long

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    "Sling enabled" ... that's the topic. :rolleyes:

8. ZBoomer

ZBoomer Icon

Feb 21, 2008
    This app works great on my Samsung Captivate combined with my VIP922, and the video looks surprisingly good, even viewing on 3G AT&T.

But it's been out a while, I know I've had it installed for a couple weeks at least.

(Edit - sorry, just noticed this was an announcement about the TABLET, my bad!)