1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Dish Network open to idea of CSN Houston on a la carte basis

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Athlon646464, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 News Hound

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    Dish Network open to idea of CSN Houston on a la carte basis

(MySanAntonio.com) - Dish Network’s chief marketing officer said Tuesday that subscriber fees for Comcast SportsNet Houston remain too “exorbitant” for the satellite provider to carry it other than on a voluntary basis for customers.

“We are constantly in negotiations and would love to carry it, and we are looking for creative solutions to carry the right content. That is why we are proposing, and are willing, to do it a la carte.”...

Full Story Here

[​IMG]

2. cobaltblue

cobaltblue AllStar

Feb 22, 2006
    I wonder if Dish would consider adding CSN Philly a la carte too, since they're price is also exhorbitant?

3. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    DISH has offered a la carte to expensive networks before. The networks generally push to be in a tier.

4. joetex

joetex Cool Member

Mar 28, 2007
    Same thing with the YES network

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

5. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Leapin' Lizard Staff Member Super Moderator

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Yep... Dish has made this offer to various RSNs in the past... if they want to be a la carte Dish would have no problem as long as they have the bandwidth for the channel.

The problem always ends up being that the channels don't want to be a la carte... they want to be in a package and they want more money than they think they would get by being a la carte.

6. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Well I don't think any provider would have any issues offering any rsns a la cart.

Heck I know directv has offered that to pac12 and Dodgers channels and I believe to Huston as well.