1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Dish Network partners to support TBS, TNT, and CNN apps

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Stewart Vernon, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Doctor Whom Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Yesterday the TNT and TBS apps were released for the iPad (I have not yet checked for the iPhone)... and I noted that the CNN app I already had installed supports both CNN and HLN in a single app.

CNN and HLN support live streaming, and while I didn't check TNT and TBS fully as they are new apps, they have links to some full episodes of programs that air on those networks.

These add to the ever-growing list of apps that support mobile viewing through verification of your Dish Network subscription we have discussed in other threads (HBO Go, MAX Go, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network).

2. klang

klang Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2003
    Near...
    I hadn't noticed the CNN app had been changed to include live streaming. Quality is pretty darn good.

3. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Yeah... that caught me by surprise... but since I knew they were all in the Turner family, I went back and checked, and sure enough it had a place to login as well.

4. brucegrr

brucegrr Icon

Sep 14, 2006
    Ney, Ohio
    Nice apps. However, I have no sound on the TNT and TBS app. The CNN app works fine and every other app requiring sound works as it should. I have an iPad.

5. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    Hopefully those will be available for Android soon....

6. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I'll have to dig a little... I didn't give the apps the full shakedown beyond making sure I could login and authenticate my subscription with Dish.

7. klang

klang Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2003
    Near...
    I just started up the first episode of Falling Skies and the sound works fine for me.