1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DISH Network Stole Money From Me!!!

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Guitar Hero, Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 4, 2006 #1 of 75
    Guitar Hero

Guitar Hero Godfather

Dec 13, 2005
    We go through life not believing anything bad will happen to us, but it happens and we do our best to take precautions. Here's a story that will hopefully make you a more cautious person and help protect you from being a victim of crime.

I'm a crime victim. There are many of us. Our particular thief is Echostar Communications Corporation DISH Network. They have a brilliant stealing scheme at work called Auto Pay. If DISH Network get your credit card number, they automatically charge fees and charges you did not authorize, allow, accept or be notified of in any way.

How do I know this? I've been fraudulently charged with fees I did not agree to or allow. Why wouldn't I accept or authorize any fees from Echostar's "DISH Network?" I'm not a customer! I have NOTHING to do with this company. In fact, I've never been a customer to DISH Network, yet that didn't stop DISH Network and "Auto Pay" from making fraudulent charges against my Visa debit/check card.

Well, how'd they get my credit card number and start charging me fraudulently? The answer to that is simple. With a stupid mistake, I gave it to them. Here's where I inform you not make the same mistake I made.

Do not give them your credit card number, Social Security Number when they ask for it. It's that simple. They will ask for your number when you make an inquiry on packages and deals they have for their service to see if they can lease you their equipment.

I contacted DISH Network about what deals they had because the thought occurred to me I might get a better deal with DISH Network as my digital satellite service provider. Big mistake. They used my credit card number, even though I was not a customer, to make fraudulent charges.

How will you do business with them if you dont give them your CC#? Well, you don't! That's just it. If they steal from a non customer, what do you think they do to their customers? They steal from them, too. Read the reports on the internet. Echostar is a corrupt, stealing machine that will steal from anyone given the opportunity to do so.

OK, what if DISH Network made some mistake? No. I contacted DISH Network and spoke with Marge in accounting. She denied my claims and insinuated I was lying because what I was telling her was not the truth. OK, then why are there charges for AUTOPAYDISHNTWKLITTLETONCO on my credit card bill? She had nothing to say. Both you and I would expect an absent response from a thief who just stole money from you and that's what I got. No response. Besides, why would I need to lie? I'm not a customer! I cannot gain anything from this! In fact, I'm LOSING from this; time and money.

About one hour ago, a detective from my local police department left my home after taking my report. He suggested I come here and make this post to warn others what's going on with DISH Network's Auto Pay scam. Smart and helpful man; god bless our police department. I will be insisting that Echostar Communications Corporation DISH Network be charged with the crimes they have committed against me.

Next, I will contact the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint. Next, I will contact my State Attorney General's office and discuss fraud and theft charges against Echostar Communications Corporation DISH Network. Next, I'll contact my State Representatives and notify them what's happening to their constituents in their state. Next, I will contact all media news stations and networks hoping they'll do a story, but after I do more research on the net. Stealing from me is NEVER a good idea. I do not accept DISH Network's fraudulent behavior in the least.

DISH Network's illegal and immoral actions have caused me a disturbance. They have caused me to suffer from something I did not deserve. Avoid the problems I'm now facing and NEVER give your credit card number to ANY DISH Network employee in ANY capacity. You'll regret it terribly like I do.

2. Sep 4, 2006 #2 of 75
    Slamminc11

Slamminc11 Hall Of Fame

Jan 27, 2005
    I'll let someone else deal with this one, but sounds to me like there is part of the story missing in this one.

3. Sep 4, 2006 #3 of 75
    cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    Have you disputed the charges with your credit card company? You have 60 days under federal law to dispute any charges on your credit card. By law the credit card company has to issue you a temporary credit while the charges in question are investigated. If the retailer can not substantiate the charges the temporary credit becomes a permanent credit. If it is as you say then the whole matter will be resolved by your credit card company. If you feel that your credit card number has been compromised then you should ask for a new number.

4. Sep 4, 2006 #4 of 75
    kstuart

kstuart Icon

Apr 25, 2002
    My own legitimate Dish Network Auto Pay debits are called:
    I get fake emails from "PayPal" and "Ebay" and "Washington Mutual" all the time. I think it is highly likely that you'll find that some one stole your credit card number and are disguising it as "Dish Network".

It is interesting that you don't mention contacting the only important party in all this - YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY.

The reason this smells phoney to me is that the first thing that any police officer would say is "contact your credit card company".

The credit card company would do two things:

(1) Remove the charges from your account, since they are not authorized by you.

(2) Trace the transaction to a particular account number (where the money ended up). Then trace that account number to an actual company or individual.

Dish Network is a public corporation scrutinized by the SEC, they don't do petty theft of the sort you describe.

So, two possibilities:

(1) You are yet another enthusiast of the DirecTV vs. Dish tribal/sporting contest, and made this up after about ten drinks,

OR

(2) You are somewhat naive, and the police officer you spoke to should be fired tomorrow.

PS If you gave your credit card number to someone who called you and claimed that they were "Dish Network", you were the victim of a fraud. Never give any information to someone who calls you, and never click on any link in any email message, period full stop. Also, if you responded to a flyer in the mail, or even in a newspaper, magazine, TV or radio claiming to be about "Dish Network", they weren't either. I get many mail flyers and phone calls from 3rd parties who re-sell both DirecTV and Dish Network, some of them might even be doing it only to steal credit card numbers. Again, this is why the credit card company needs to trace the transaction to see who really collected the money.

5. Sep 4, 2006 #5 of 75
    Slamminc11

Slamminc11 Hall Of Fame

Jan 27, 2005
    And why would a cop tell you to go onto a discussion site to "warn" people and nothing about contacting your CC company? kstuart is right, the first thing he (or she) would have told you is to contact your credit card company, not to go onto a website to tell your "story".
    Question number 12, why in hell would you give a credit card number if you didn't sign up for the service? If all of your story is true, then you deserve to lose the money for being so stupid to give up your SSN and a card number if you didn't even plan on taking the service.
    Bud, they cop should have told you that drinking and typing just don't mix!

6. Sep 4, 2006 #6 of 75
    cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    If the charges are as he says and not authorized then he has nothing to worry about. He has some issues with both sat companies from what I read in his previous posts in other threads he also claims to have canceled D*. He claims he is not a E* customer in this thread. I hope cable works out for you since your other posts about D* were just as negative. They just have not stolen from you yet.

7. Sep 4, 2006 #7 of 75
    Guitar Hero

Guitar Hero Godfather

Dec 13, 2005
    Yes. I left out how they told me to contact their credit checkers to set things straight when DISH Network refused my account. I called them and they said it would cost me a one time fee of $49.95 to "set up an account" with them. What the hell do I need to do that for? All I wanted was a price quote on a HD package deal!!!

There's your missing story, and it makes DISH Network even more suspicious.

Yes, the first person I called after I hung up with DISH Network was my bank. It was Sunday at 6PM. They weren't there. All the more suspicious of this sort of activity to occur at this time on a three day weekend, don't you think? The officer thought so.

After trying about four different numbers, I got the correct one. I stopped all activity on my card for the next 24 hours until somebody from my bank can properly dispute these fraudulent charges and stop them altogether. Getting a new card seems like the right solution and I plan to ask for just that.

No contacted them after going to their website located at www.dishnetwork.com and clicked on "CONTACT US" and then "NEW CUSTOMER. I think the number was 1-888-825-5557, or something like that. I cannot remember.

Yes, there's a slim chance the somebody stole my credit card and setup a "DISH Network" like account. But, then why didn't the lady at the accounting department take a special interest? If I was an employee, and somebody was claiming what I was claiming, I'd find out who EXACTLY made the charges. That way, I could stop a criminal from using our company's name to steal from our customers or people who contacted us.

But, I did. Read above...

He asked me that. I said yes.

It went to AUTOPAYDISHNTWKLITTLETONCO! Who else could it be? Do a Google search and see what website pops up!

Well, I guess they're breaking in new territory.

1. I don't owe DirecTV jack-squat. In fact, I canceled my service when one of their reps got all "pissy" to me when he caught me trying to get a better deal on my HR20. When they called me back, I stopped the cancel when they offered me the HR20 for the 20 dollar fee. To continue, I don't drink and I don't do drugs. It's ludicrous you think I made this up and must be drunk. But, I swear to god, it's all true and I'll post the official police report when I get a copy of it.

2. I'm not naive. I dealt with DISH Network directly. If you cannot trust DISH Network, then I guess you cannot trust anybody else. So why fire the cop? Because he's going after a criminal you probably like? You seem to be overly defensive about this. Is there a reason for that?

I called them. Read it above.

The cop told me to tell my story at rippoffreport.com and so I did. I posted the same thing here. We found it together when we were both on the internet searching for clues and evidence. Like, "Who did I contact. What website." etc.

Question 12 is explained in my first post. He needed to do a "Credit check" and asked for my credit card and SS card number both of which I gave. DirecTV asked for the same thing when I signed up with them 4-5 years ago. I thought it was normal to ask and therefor provide that information.

Apparently, they even claimed my name didn't match my SS# and demanded I talk with their credit checkers who them wanted $49.95 to set up an account. Now, I knew that was totally wrong and huge "scam" flags arouse. I even PM'd somebody from here asking about that, but he hasn't responded to it yet.

I was asking about DISH Network deals after I canceled my DirecTV. I explained that above. So go read that.

I'm still a DirecTV customer and have a HR20 on the way. I guess you missed this post by me... http://www.dbstalk.com/showpost.php?p=643813&postcount=223

8. Sep 4, 2006 #8 of 75
    DishSubLA

DishSubLA Legend

Apr 9, 2006
    This guy has wayyyy too much time on his hands. This is a perfect case for Judge Judy. Some people won't budge from their beliefs.

9. Sep 4, 2006 #9 of 75
    Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    I had Dish + auto-pay for 5 years. When I canceled, Dish stopped billing me.

No Problems. End of story.

10. jessshaun

jessshaun Legend

Sep 13, 2005
    With all due respect, I pay with my credit or debit card with Dish all the time. Never have, and more than likely never WILL have a problem.

You ALWAYS take "fraudulant" charges up with your credit card company. The fact remains that if you did not authorize the charge, then you have nothing to worry about, and the cop was not needed.

11. SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg Active Member

Aug 30, 2004
    In your original post you said, "I contacted DISH Network about what deals they had because the thought occurred to me I might get a better deal with DISH Network as my digital satellite service provider. ...

You expect us to believe that in order to answer your question about what deals were available you needed to give them your Credit Card number? :hurah: :rolleyes:

I think the moderators ought to remove this entire thread...

12. anex80

anex80 Legend

Jul 29, 2005
    Midwest
    If this was me I would start investigating what the "LITTLETONCO" at the end of the Dish Network bill means. I don't think that's part of their company.

13. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    I also doubt the validity of Guitar Hero, his post just dosen't sound right and the intelligence displayed is questionable.

14. goughl

goughl Legend

Jul 18, 2003
    I think Steve-ox has returned, remember him?

15. SHS

SHS Legend

Jan 7, 2003
    Vinita, OK
    Hmm you say I canceled my DirecTV then turn rigth a round a say I'm still a DirecTV customer.
    With all due respect I find your story a bit hard to belive.
    But the real thing is you really get an Dishnetwork employee

16. SHS

SHS Legend

Jan 7, 2003
    Vinita, OK
    anex80 that one eazy "LITTLETONCO" = Littleton, Colorado

17. juan ellitinez

juan ellitinez Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 31, 2003
    or Littleton coin company!!!!

http://www.littletoncoin.com/

Did you order any "free" coins lately? They do tend to "charge" for merchandise not ordered (atleast in my experience)

18. Slamminc11

Slamminc11 Hall Of Fame

Jan 27, 2005
    Well Mister Guitar Hero, sounds like you trying to come up with sympathy here got you a zero! But it was a hell of a try. Sounds to me like you labored pretty hard to come up with a story this holiday weekend, but no body who actually really deals with Dish Network is buying it.
    Dish's corporate office is in Englewood not Littleton (though up to three years ago, it was) now it is a call center. Dish's banking for payments are doing in other parts of the country and not in Colorado (no one sends their payments to a colorado address).
    Your story just has to many holes in it for anyone to believe.

19. agreer

agreer Godfather

Apr 7, 2006
    Particularly a site where most of the users are savvy, dealing day in and day out with Dish and Directv, and in some cases, I assume Dish and Directv employees keeping a feel on the pulse of the enthuseist community...

20. SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg Active Member

Aug 30, 2004
    And in another thread (two days ago) this guy said, "Right now, I'm trying to get a deal with DISH Network and their Vip622, but apparently, I have to contact a credit check company (Experience) and figure out why my SS# and name don't match. This totally sounds like a scam to me, but I'll wait and see what happens."

I suspect that "Experience" is the the Credit Bureau , Experian, and he's got a credit problem. Funny he forgot to mention in this thread the name not matching the SSN.
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.