1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish Network Tech Portal

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Chris Blount, Jun 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    We have obtained permission from Dish Network to post a link to their new Tech Portal that you might find interesting. It's aimed at retailers but Dish tells us that there will soon be a modified version available for regular consumers linked from the Dish site.

Be sure to check out the Tech Depot link. You will find the software update spooling schedule for all Dish Network receivers under the Tech Update link on the left.

Enjoy!

2. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    It should be noted that all dates given for software updates on that site should be taken as projected dates which are not set in stone.

3. Bill R

Bill R Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2002
    Thanks Chris. The link contain a lot of useful information. I think that the tech update link is a really good addition. It shares a lot of information about software updates.

4. Darkman

Darkman Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 16, 2002
    Mentioned in latest Retailer Chat thread here: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=43172 ...

and Scott mentioned it too at his site...

In any case - Great Link.. - Glad you "obtained official permission" now to post the link :)

5. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    Whoops! Sorry about that Darkman. Forgot it was in the retailer chat thread. Just didn't want to start drawing large scale attention to the tech site until we had some sort of feedback from Dish.

6. jgoggan

jgoggan Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 2, 2002
    Hehe... According to the site, that USB port on my 721 is still "for future use." :)

- John...

7. Darkman

Darkman Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 16, 2002
    maybe for a comeback.. for Mpeg-8 :D ... Just kiddin'

8. BuckeyeChris

BuckeyeChris Icon/Supporter

Apr 20, 2004
    Great links! Thank you. I found especially enlightening the "Satellite Basics" and "English Glossary" (no need to write "English" -- that is obvious :nono: ) links. Now, I can understand some of the satellite jargon on DBSTalk.com. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.