1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish Network today!

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by obermi, Mar 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obermi

obermi Mentor

Mar 12, 2005
    I'm getting the Dish Network today! Hope I'm going to be happy. Switched from Cox Communications to Dish because of the DVR's I'm getting with Dish. Cox's will only give customers one DVR (50 Hours Recording) per family in Tulsa, Oklahoma and is charging 17.95 for the service. My Dish Network bill will be lower than Cox's and I'm even getting 4 Rooms with DVR Service and more channels.
    Hope I'm going to enjoy it!

2. 1A12

1A12 Registered User

Jun 23, 2004
    I have been a DishNetwork sub for a good while and have TWC in another house.In comparison of the two far as picture quality and reliability goes flip a coin. It changes almost daily. If I were to do it all over again I would probably go just with DishNetWork. I know people who have very poor cable providers that if I had to use I would just use an over the air antenna for my locals. All and all I enjoy satellite tv. Its sort of a hobby with me. I hope your installation goes smoothly and you enjoy your system.

3. Dish Cubfan

Dish Cubfan AllStar

Dec 5, 2004
    So far I would say Dish is better than cable hands down.. but I'm not sure whether it can hold a candle to the sports on DirectTV.

4. new04quest

new04quest Legend

Jan 25, 2005
    I would say the video and audio of the satellite is more superior than cable at my location. The quality of the Cable America video is very poor compare to Dish Network. Cable America customer services keep saying my pre-installed cables and my TV are the root cause of the bad reception. I am very please with the quality of the Dish Network reception. The SD and HD reception is very high quality.

As far as the services goes, both of the companies are very bad. I have to do a lot of thing myself to get my system to work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.