1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Dish Network @ Walmart

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by pez2002, Dec 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pez2002

pez2002 Hall Of Fame

Dec 13, 2002
    I Know they sell directv Dishes & Dish network Systems My Walmart uesd to Have a Directv System Hooked Up For people to See a Demo Not anymore
    The Dish Network Systems Are all the way in the back With nobody to Help you I also Noticed they are selling Dish Network In Suncoast Movie Stores

Also Someone Said Sears has The Systems ??

2. Bob Haller

Bob Haller Banned User

Mar 24, 2002
    Yes Sears does offer the 508, 301 and possibly the 721. Or go to a local dealer or dish depot and save the sales tax//

3. James_F

James_F Damn you woman! DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    Also Radio Shack now... Find a local dealer though, much better IMO...

4. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    National E* retailers include, RadioShack, Sears, WalMart, Costco, BJs Wholesale, Media Play (at least around here) and soon to be CompUSA. Sams Club and Target also used to sell E* equiptment, not sure if they still do. RS and WalMart sell RCA branded E* systems (mainly 301s) along with D* as part of an agreement with Thomson Electronics

5. mnassour

mnassour Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    Sam's still does dish, 508s and 3100s. Target here in Texas switched to DirecTV, but only because Philips switched. Lately, you don't see any satellite at all at Target.

6. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    I have noticed some kind of RCA code on the bottom of my receivers I have been getting in although it is not stamped on the front, I wonder what is up with that.

Wal-Mart does not know about the product like a local retailer does and has no experience. They are more likely to give false information about the product and do not do the installs. There is no service after the sale either. I do not see the advantage of buying at Wal-Mart, only for Dish do I see the advantage, not the customer. It might be good for replacement parts or for places in which there are no local retailer.

7. Kryspy

Kryspy Guest

Hi,

The RCA are the newest ones with a single "Omega" TSOP chip. THe others are made by JVC.

Kryspy

8. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Ah, now that's an interesting development. Suncoast and Media Play are both divisions of Musicland, which in turn is owned by Best Buy. Could this be the foot in the door to Best Buy?

9. Chris Freeland

Chris Freeland Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Media Play has had E* around hear for about 2 years now, however I think they only do the DHP lease.

10. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    When I went to the mall today I peaked in the Suncoast (place was packed) and saw the E* display, didn't even realize they sold E*. The one Sam's here doesn't have Dish receivers like they used to. I wish I would have picked up a 301 when they had 'em for $89 . Probably end up getting a 301 from Sears or WalMart to replace our other 2800.

11. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    Where can you get the cheapest 508 at new or used?

12. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    The cheapest place reported for new 508s is $269 at Costco. Avaliable to new subs and old, no contracts.

13. dlsnyder

dlsnyder Godfather

Apr 24, 2002
    I found that same deal on the internet from The Satellite Guy. I think you have to pay shipping though so that would bring the price up a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.