1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish Network's Accounting is dismal

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by jdspencer, Jul 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    No need to respond, but if you must, go ahead.:)

[rant]
    I was a customer of Dish Network in order to get the Superstation Pack to supplement my DirecTV subscription. When the changes went through combining UPN and WB, I discontinued my Dish subscription. This was about ten months ago. They even prorated my last month and refunded about $5. However, every month I now get an email stating that my account statement is now ready for viewing. I go to my account and notice a balance of $0.00, yet there is a notice that it is "Past Due". ???
    Three months ago I called to straighten this out and was told it would (They put a credit of $0.01 to fool their accounting software). Well, it didn't. I guess I'll have to call again and get a little rude. :)
    [/rant]

I just thought you Dish Network subs would like to know. :D

2. John W

John W Icon

Dec 19, 2005
    Whats to straighten out? I'd discontinue email notifications and forget about it.

3. bruin95

bruin95 Godfather

Apr 23, 2006
    I get the same thing from D*, and I cancelled them over two years ago. I just ignore them.

4. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    That's what unsubscribe is for.

5. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Exactly where on their website do you "unsubscribe" or change email address. If it's there, I can't find it. :)

6. jbrooks987

jbrooks987 AllStar

Jun 5, 2004

7. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Yep.. Since Dish doesn't send you emails unless and until you sign up for an online login and give them your email and subscribe to receive emails from them... basically it is just a matter of reversing the process to get them to stop sending emails to you.

8. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Well, I am getting emails about my account being ready to view. I have been everywhere in the site and there is nothing that looks like an account profile section.

9. WebTraveler

WebTraveler Icon

Apr 9, 2006
    Big deal. It's a bill for $0.00. Just program your email program to automatically delete it when it comes in.

10. CABill

CABill Hall Of Fame

Mar 20, 2005
    DISH will send emails without any sort of online login. Bottom right corner of www.dishnetwork.com has
    Get DISH Network updates via email
    Which has a check box for
    I am not a DISH Network Subscriber

and there are LOTS of other ways to get yourself (or others) added to DISH email lists. If you are receiving the emails due to an online login, it is much easier to make them stop than getting added to the email lists via other routes that don't have a user and password.

11. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    This is all well and good to sign up to get email, but where is the section to remove myself from their online system? As I've said, I already have an online account. I'd like to change my email address to one that I can ignore.

12. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    True... but this guy is getting emails about his Dish account (the one he no longer has)... and they couldn't send those emails without him first having signed up to do so.

13. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Are you going to the Dish web site and logging in? Then clicking the "Edit Your Account Profile" link? There you see all your info and can change your email.

14. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    I wish it were that easy. I log in and there is no "Edit Your Account Profile" link. Could it be missing because I no longer subscribe to programming?

15. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC

I don't know. I have a long list of links to click and the profile one is a good ways down that list.

What options do you have once you login?

16. dave1234

dave1234 Icon

Oct 9, 2005
    Apparently AT&T is using the same billing S/W as Dish. A local paper's editor commented on the year's worth of AT&T bills she's received for $0.00.

17. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    I've attached a screen capture of the screen just after logging in.

Attached Files:

18. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Interesting... maybe it was a good assumption that a suspended account has less account options than an account active and in good standing. Looks like you can't change it yourself, at least no way I can see.

If it is really annoying you, try writing the CEO email address if you can't get anyone on the phone to understand. If it isn't annoying you, I suppose you could wait and let them figure it out for themselves once they try to turn it over to a collections agency.

19. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    It isn't really annoying me, because it only happens once a month. But, it is still stupid. I wonder if I still had paper billing if they would send me a notice of $0.00?

When I called a couple of months ago the CSR seemed to understand and even conferred with a supervisor. They came up with the scheme of crediting my account $0.01, hopefully to stop the emails. But as you can see that credit doesn't show on the account.

I plan to just play with them for a few months. Stay tuned next month. :)

20. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Ah, yes, the continuing thrilling saga of JDSpencer. :D When does it come out in Pay Per View?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.