1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish on Demand problem??

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by CeeWoo, Oct 2, 2011.

1. CeeWoo

CeeWoo Godfather

Dec 1, 2008
    I've been experiencing a bit of a problem and am wondering if it's just me (or my receiver) or if others have run into it.

I have a 722k (recently installed). I've been trying to stream in HD from Dish Cinema, (or is it properly called Blockbuster Movie Pass now LOL) and the stream takes forever so when I want to watch NOW, I've started doing it in SD, and if I really want to watch something from there in HD, I download it to the hard driver to watch later.

Problem is, it seems that when I save something that way-even though it says it may be available for X number of days, it's always gone the next morning. I downloaded 2 shows yesterday-gone today and never watched. It's a PITA since my HD download times have been running 6 to 8 hrs for a 2 hr movie

Anyone else running into this?

2. CeeWoo

CeeWoo Godfather

Dec 1, 2008
    UPDATE-
    this may be changing-I started a HD download a couple hrs ago and the movie has now finished downloading - I'll cross my finger & hope it's still there for the next 9 days it says it'll be available

3. TreborG2

TreborG2 Cool Member

Jun 23, 2008
  4. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I know glitches happen, but regarding this rollout was there a beta test done with a couple of hundred real people who have various models of DVR, various account structures, and who don't know what a "bit" is?

I know, sarcasm doesn't help any....

5. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    But, it's always good for a chuckle. :)

6. TreborG2

TreborG2 Cool Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Normally I would agree.. but you with over 3000 posts.. should know ... sometimes when you see the same failure over and over and over .. and over again ... its no longer funny, and then knowing the size and lack of communication in a company like Dish .. that you end up walking away shaking your head... or in the padded room gurgling up "but I unplugged it already, I tried the reset, I plugged it straight to the wall" ... wisps of laughter inbetween the words.. :nono2::grin::lol::confused:

7. CeeWoo

CeeWoo Godfather

Dec 1, 2008
    Thanks Trebor...I appreciate knowing that it's real & I'm not imagining this LOL

I wonder if I should IM Matt to see if he knows of any progress being made. I certainly wouldn't want to order a 'pay' movie and find it gone before I can watch