1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish Online Android app

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by tcatdbs, Oct 24, 2011.

1. tcatdbs

tcatdbs Icon

Jul 10, 2008
    I use the Dish app occasionally to watch some real time sports when out and about (especially when I have a Wifi connection). Seems to work OK, and all my DVR recordings are there to watch.

Why don't I have access to the menu on my TV (like BB, and TV Shows), so I can stream older shows/movies? I can go through the web site, but my phone is not flash compatible. Probably buy a HTC Flyer soon to do just that, but I would think it would easy for dish to include this feature in their App. (since I have a Sling adapter). Think this will happen?

2. AZ.

AZ. Legend

Mar 27, 2011
    Its because it uses Dish Remote Access.... Not Dish On Line....

Log into DRA and you will see same options....I to wonder why they dont offer it? But if they did I could only imagine the disaster it would cause, look at the whole BBMP and what it did to most trying to use there Sling players!!!

3. tcatdbs

tcatdbs Icon

Jul 10, 2008
    So is there any way to log into Dish Online with an Android browser and watch stuff? I have no problems with DRA. I would have thought having Adobe Flash would be enough, but I get a message that I need another plug-in (not android supported). Any android browsers work?

4. AZ.

AZ. Legend

Mar 27, 2011
    I would say no to all your questions....The browser built in ts a modifyed Chrome, which has never been suported..

I tryed Dalphin and had no luck ether..

The best info can be found at Slings web site what they suport what works, ect,ect..

I Sure expect more, and adding DO would be a great addition!!!

5. dualsub2006

dualsub2006 Icon

Aug 28, 2007
    The Android browser is not a modified version of Chrome. It is Webkit based, but that is where the similarities end.

A modified version of Chrome is coming, but the Chrome and Android teams have just started working on it.

6. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    Chrome to Phone is a method to send data directly from your web browser to your Android phone.

7. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    And it does not need the use of the Chrome browser. It works with Firefox also, very well I might add.