1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Dish Pause?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by surfdude85, Apr 20, 2013.

1. surfdude85

surfdude85 AllStar

Jul 25, 2008
    Hi there to any members or DIRT team members. I will be going out of town to take care of some personnel issue's for several months. I have heard about "Dish pause" and was wondering how it worked? I might be gone for up to 6 month's. Will this hurt my acct.? Maybe someone can shed a little light on this subject. Thanks in advance for any advice and or input.. Peace

2. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    You can place your account on Pause for up to 6 months. While your account is paused, if you are under a commitment, the time the account is paused extends the commitment by this amount of time. For example, if the account is paused for 2 months and you have 6 months left on your account, the 6 month commitment must still be met after the account is removed from pause 2 months later.

At the 6th month the account is on pause, the account is automatically restored with the programming that was in place when the account was placed on pause.

3. surfdude85

surfdude85 AllStar

Jul 25, 2008
    Thank's, I will pm with a few other ?'s

4. thopki2

thopki2 AllStar

Mar 29, 2006