1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

dish pay directv termination fee promo?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by churdie, Sep 15, 2012.

1. churdie

churdie Legend

May 4, 2003
    had dish went back to directv after the offered to pay my cancellation fee from dish, now wishing i just had stayed at dish. Is there any kind of promotion from dish to help me come back to dish from directv. I have a $300 termination fee from directv if i terminate, anybody???

2. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Why would DISH want to pay $300 to get you back, you already paid an ETF so you could go to D*.

3. sigma1914

sigma1914 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    What happened? You were happy and it looks like you enjoy jumping.

4. Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus Icon

Jul 29, 2011
    So you want them to tack on another 300$ ontop of the 700$ it costs to acquire you as a customer?

How long ago did you leave Dish by the way?

And lastly the answer to your question is nope, you could try to find a retailer who might buy you out though but its unlikely.

5. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I do not believe I have ever heard of a "we'll pay your ETF" offer where DISH does the paying. I'm surprised that DirecTV still has one (although it is hard to find).

It costs too much to gain a new customer to throw away cash as well as the equipment discounts and installation costs when signing someone up. Especially someone who pay not stick around long enough to pay off that investment. Perhaps if DISH could sign you to a four year contract with a $700 ETF it might be worth the risk to pay an ETF elsewhere, but DISH doesn't have that kind of contract.

6. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    It'd be useful to the rest of us for you to say why the dissatisfaction?

7. dstout

dstout Legend

Jul 19, 2005
    I got an offer from DirecTV to pay up to $200 in ETF a couple weeks back.

8. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    DIRECTV® or a local installer?

9. dstout

dstout Legend

Jul 19, 2005
    DirecTV. From El Segundo.

10. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    See this thread from 2010 to read more about DirecTV's rebate.
    See also this thread from 2011 where the terms of DirecTV's rebate are printed (although the second thread was asking if DISH also offered such a rebate).

11. dstout

dstout Legend

Jul 19, 2005
    I am not going to take DirecTV up on it, but I do miss them...