1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Dish Peeking

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by sunfire9us, Aug 18, 2010.

1. sunfire9us

sunfire9us Godfather

Feb 15, 2009
    Hey guys it's been awhile since I've had to do this but it looks like it's getting time for me to have to re-peak my dish. I have a 5lnb dish. Do I recall it's 99 (c) as the main satelite which normally ends up also aligning with the others at the same time when you max the signal strength up??? This gets tricky to remember which satelite to go by now that you have several listings on the signal strength screen for 99. I was going to have to remember this anyways because it looks like soon I'll be changing my lnb over to a SWM lnb. Thanks ahead of time

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Don't "peek", but peaking is done on either 99c or one of the 103c (a or b). These are the national and the narrowest beams.

3. TwoPhases

TwoPhases Legend

Jul 20, 2010
  4. LOCODUDE

LOCODUDE Hall Of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    New York
    :) I peeked in to see !!!:)

5. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    "Actually" that is only good for the tilt and wouldn't get you even close for the Ka SATs.