1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Dish PPV HD

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by JaguarJoJo, May 18, 2009.

Tags:
  1. JaguarJoJo

JaguarJoJo Mentor

Apr 19, 2006
    I only watch HD programming. I have three large screen HD TVs and have no interest in SD programming. What I can't figure out about Dish is why in the world they don't put some of their better PPV movies on HD. For example: Right now Marley and Me and Slumdog Millionaire are both on PPV SD but are not scheduled for HD at all. I would pay for both of these movies in HD but have no interest in watching them in SD at any price. I'd much rather rent the DVDs. What business sense does this make for Dish? No wonder they lose money!

jag

2. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    Limited transponder space and possibly some contractual issues with certain studios are the likely reasons.

3. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Leapin' Lizard Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    There are also a lot more SD subscribers than HD for Dish... so it absolutely makes sense for them to get movies up in SD first, and for longer, than they do HD.

Don't forget, in addition to the PPV channels there are also the VOD 501 HD channel movies (if you have a 722 DVR you would have usually 6-12 at any given time) and there are also some HD DishOnline options if you have an internet connection.