1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish preferred customer information

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by BillB, Feb 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BillB

BillB New Member

Jan 20, 2003
    I received an e-mail from Dish announcing I was a valued customer and they will be offering more money-saving offers by e-mail to preferred customers like me in the future. Thing is there was no money-saving offer contained in this e-mail. Does anyone know what Dish is up to here? What kind of specials can we expect to see?

bill

2. Cyclone

Cyclone Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 1, 2002
    You can expect to receive Junk mail not only from Dish from from everyone that they sold your email address to. You preferred customer you.

3. BillB

BillB New Member

Jan 20, 2003
    Oh great. :mad:

4. RichW

RichW Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 29, 2002
    Usually around Christmas time, preferred customers get special certificates for "free this-or-thats" that they can give to friends. If the friend becomes a new subscriber, Dish will then give money or a service rebate to the preferred customer. Just about every year I have gotten something from this program, worth around 100 bucks. Last year, I didn't because everyone I knew already had Dish or was not interested in DBS (DirecTV didn't sell very well here because they were llacking carriage of KOIN-TV until recently)

5. HTguy

HTguy Icon

May 6, 2002
    Actually you can call up & request some Club Dish certificates anytime if you have friends, neighbors or relatives you can turn on to DISH. The recipient gets an additional $50 off their system in addition to any promotion and the giver gets $5 credit on their bill for 12 months plus some free PPVs & a few other benefits.

You'll probably receive a free PPV coupon or something similar for being a "valued customer" even if you don't want to join the prestigious Club Dish.

6. firephoto

firephoto Icon

Sep 12, 2002
    I think the handman club envelope I got in the mail the other day might be a result of being a dish customer. I have a little variation I use in my mailing address sometimes and the one this was addressed to has only been given to 3 different places. I'm sure the IRS isn't sending handyman club info out so that only leaves E* and Intuit. ;)

Is there fine print somewhere that says dish can give out customers address or phone numbers?

7. Mar 1, 2003 #7 of 17
    Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    If this is what they are doing then they are just trying to make you feel priveliged.

8. Mar 2, 2003 #8 of 17
    BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    Hmmmmm. My monthly bill is $160 with no PPV's. I didn't see this "preferred" mailing (Everything Pak, Locals, 3 a la carte west coast feeds, sports, a few internationals, etc.)

What do you have to do to get "preferred" status?

9. Mar 2, 2003 #9 of 17
    Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    I guess since he is a member of the Dish Network site online being registered on their site he gets emails telling him of these things.

10. Mike123abc

Mike123abc Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 19, 2002
    Or it could be a marketing test being run with a small number of subs (say 1,000). And if this promotion works well they could expand the set of people that qualify.

11. Crazy 1

Crazy 1 Legend

Oct 20, 2002
    :eek: $160.00 per month, No wonder cheap charlie is the 45th richest person in the world, Geezz, glad I don't contrubute to his weath any more.

12. MrAkai

MrAkai Legend

Aug 9, 2002
    Don't be too sure, your address and stuff tend to get made part of public records.

When my lady got her sales tax license in California, she put her email address on the form, since then she's gotten a several hundred fold increase in spam, most of it small business related. Wonder where they got her address....

13. nolimitsoldier

nolimitsoldier New Member

Mar 3, 2003
    you can call in and request Club Dish certificates

14. Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski Banned User

Mar 21, 2002
    Don't feel bad, I am not even a preferred Dish Network customer. I get none of the promos, even though my bill is about $120 a month, sometimes subscribing to EVERYTHING has its drawbacks.

I am sure if Dish had a pain in the but customer club, I would be one of the first people enrolled. :D

15. BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    I figure I must be one of the pain in the bu-t charter members as I have not been able to get through on a Charlie Chat or Tech Chat for 3 years (not for lack of trying).

I got onto the tech chat the first time I called (a Gilat to home question I had), and have been locked out ever since. I've tried both hard and softball questions, can't seem to get through the screeners......

16. sorahl

sorahl Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Oct 24, 2002
    160 a month! Hey is your company hiring? I need to work at a job where I can afford that ! <GRIN>

17. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Don't take their "preferred customer" BS
    too seriously. No one really cares. It's a
    con to stick their hand in your pocket
    and feel around for a few more of your
    bucks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.