1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Dish Programming Guide FAIL

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Cnsrvative, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Cnsrvative

Cnsrvative New Member

Apr 22, 2012
    I know I am in the minority, but would it kill Dish Network to update their programming guide? The NHL Playoffs start tomorrow night and although there are "time blocks" on some channels (NHL Hockey - teams to be determined) they all appear as the SAME game - so I choose to record the series, but it only sets to record the first one because all of the others are seen a repeat events.

Also - games are scheduled on CNBC - and they don't even show on the program guide - so those of us that want to watch Boston and Toronto (not sure anyone would have interest in Boston....) - won't be able to unless we record every show in the time slot and manually go back through and watch it in bits.

I try to CHAT with DIsh Support about when the programming guide will be updated "I was wondering when Dish was going to upgrade the program guide so I can record the NHL playoffs..." Their response - "Yes, you can record the game.". My question - "The program guide does not show the games on CNBC at all." Their response: "Yes, I see CNBC is part of your package."

So - BIG FAIL to Dish Network from a 15+ year subscriber. Their Hopper nearly shifted me to DIrectTV due to initial problems and terrible support, this may be the final straw for me...

Oh, and their "5 Day Game FInder" - FAIL - it does not find ANY of the playoff games in the next 5 days.

1 person likes this.
  2. Blackhawks

Blackhawks New Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Chicago Area
    This is most likely due to the person(s) being from an overseas call center. This is typical.

3. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    As for the guide issue, it's not Dish's problem. They get their guide data from the same place almost everyone else does, Tribune.

I see the exact same thing on DirecTV,

4. Orion9

Orion9 Legend

Jan 31, 2011

My 722 has an option to record repeat events. Hopefully your newer Hopper still has that option.

5. Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Feb 1, 2011
    [SIZE=medium]When your nightly updates occur you will get the updated guide and all the changes as far as scheduling for major sports schedule. As well by using our Game Finder app will allow you to find the games in your area. If you have the Hopper or Hopper w/Sling there is a game finder app on there. I will provide you the link to check all times and channels in your area: [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]http://www.mydish.com/gamefinder/[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=medium]Thanks[/SIZE]