1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DISH Recordings To iPad Mini Or Nexus 7 Tablet

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Jim148, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Jan 8, 2014 #1 of 11
    Jim148

Jim148 Godfather

Jun 22, 2004
    We have DISH service via a 722k. I really haven't paid much attention in the past to sending recordings to an iPad Mini or a Nexus 7. Where to I start to find out how to do this? We may be going on vacation in a couple of months and having the content loaded on a tablet might be handy for the plane trip.

2. Jan 8, 2014 #2 of 11
    Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    I believe that functionality is only available on the Hopper with Sling.

3. Jan 8, 2014 #3 of 11
    thomasjk

thomasjk Legend

Jan 10, 2006
    That is is correct. You need the HWS.

4. Jan 8, 2014 #4 of 11
    Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Does it actually get loaded onto the iPad?

5. Jan 9, 2014 #5 of 11
    Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    The Hopper with Sling can actually copy programs to your iPad for viewing at a later time.

6. Jan 9, 2014 #6 of 11
    david_jr

david_jr Godfather

Dec 10, 2006
    I believe the recordings stay on the tablet indefinitely until deleted, however from what I have read the device must connect to the HWS at least once a month for the recordings to remain viewable. Hoping to start doing transfers to my wife's new Nook HD.

7. Jim148

Jim148 Godfather

Jun 22, 2004
    Thank you for the replies. I was hoping that they might add Android devices via 722k, but it looks like that is not an option. Thanks again!

8. Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Feb 1, 2011
    [SIZE=medium]Jim148,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=medium]I am more than happy to help you if you’re interested in getting the Hopper w/Sling. If so, please PM me with the phone number on the account to better help you.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=medium]Thanks[/SIZE]

9. mcutler

mcutler Cool Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Although cumbersome, if you have a DVD recorder, you can record anything on any Dish DVR to a DVD, and then use various different programs (such as the free Mac program, Handbrake) to convert the DVD to a format that can then be copied to a iPad, through iTunes. There should be an easier way, but I have done this in the past and it does work

10. neilo

neilo AllStar

Aug 7, 2006
    Maryland
    Does this work consistently for Android yet? They withdrew it from the Dish Anywhere App a little while ago. Then when it reappeared in the App I tried it and it didn't work for me. I called Tech Support and they said that it still was not supposed to work.
    I just tried it now and it doesn't work. Any news?

11. Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Feb 1, 2011
    [SIZE=medium]neilo,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]The Transfers app through DISH Anywhere is working and I was able to transfer a movie to my Galaxy SIII. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Have you uninstalled the app and re-installed it? Try to transfer another movie to see if the issue persists.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Thanks [/SIZE]