1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish Remote Access - wrong locals in list

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Michael P, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    I just went to the Dish Remote Access site for the first time. Once the program guide came up I found that the call letters for my local HD stations were wrong (although the program names appear to be the same as my true locals). The correct call letters were listed for the SD stations, and all the correct independent stations were there too.

For example: 003-00 is WKYC, NBC, however the HD version is listed as 003-00 KMTV CBS with the same programs as my local station WOIO. WEWS, ABC is listed as KETV ABC, FOX affiliate WJW is listed as KPTM, and I had to go all the way to the 5000's to see my NBC in HD listed as KYTV (at least they got a "KY" in the name, WKYC used to be KYW back in the late 50's and early 60's here until the FCC made Westinghouse and NBC swap back their Phily & Cleve. stations).

Anyone else getting the incorrect call letters in there Dish Remote Access guide?

2. Sandman

Sandman Godfather

Sep 23, 2002
    There have been many posting on this including me, I have never had any luck in getting them corrected

Bob

3. jimborst

jimborst Legend

Jun 13, 2006
    I have contacted the people on the remote access page three times now and have never gotten an email back. I guess getting it to work isn't one of the big issues for them. I don't know who's locals are listed for me but they're not in the central time zone.

4. brucegrr

brucegrr Icon

Sep 14, 2006
    Ney, Ohio
    Here it is September 29, 2011

I decided to try using Dish Online to schedule recordings.

The guide shows the wrong local channels and the wrong time zone. So, in the 8:00 P.M. I get The News at 5. The guide is three hours off.

I looked for a setting that would change the time zone but I found none.

Evidently, by the date of this thread, this has been a problem for some. Is there a solution to this problem?

5. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    brucegrr,

If you could provide your receiver number, I can forward the information to the correct department that handles these issues. Thanks.

6. brucegrr

brucegrr Icon

Sep 14, 2006
    Ney, Ohio
    Thanks Ray. My receiver number is R0093565733. It is a 922. I also have a 722.

7. brucegrr

brucegrr Icon

Sep 14, 2006
    Ney, Ohio
    Thanks Ray. The right local channel numbers are now showing.

8. jadebox

jadebox Godfather

Dec 13, 2004
    I reported the locals problem some time ago, also. But, it really doesn't matter much because the rest of the site is unusable. Most of the time I see an empty grid and can't do anything. Other times I see a jumbled mess which loads slowly and is hard to use.

The "old," sling.dish.com, site works very well.

-- Roger

9. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    Yes "DRA" works well for me, I now have a similar problem with "DOL". With Dish Online I get my locals and other cities locals intermixed on the same grid.

With Dish Remote Access I can see the OTA stations I have scanned in, they are not seen on DOL.

I posted in another thread (the one where people reported DRA was gone, but it's not) that what is needed is DRA plus the streaming video feature from DOL merged into one working site.

10. 356B

356B Icon

Oct 11, 2008
    Northern...
    DRA for me is gone for all practical purposes, it's so intermittent it's ridiculous. DO is not much better, although streaming normal functions most times, I can not see my timers or recorded programming on the DVR on a regular basis. I too wish DRA was the site of choice from Dish, unfortunately I've been told by DIRT and others DRA is not long for the web, I hope they're wrong.