1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Dish Satellite install Question

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by freebird9, Sep 21, 2012.

1. freebird9

freebird9 New Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Hi guys. I just signed up with dishnet after leaving directv, and I am having 2 seperate HD-DVR receivers installed tomorrow. I would really like to get the German international channel pack in the future. How do I know if they are installing the correct dish? I spoke with a rep with the online chat and she said yes the dish the installer is installing will work with international channels, their is no need for an international dish. Im a bit confused now, and wondering is a standard 2 HD-dvr Dish all I need for internationals? :confused:

2. VDP07

VDP07 Godfather

Feb 22, 2006
    If you are not initially signed up for an international programming package, the installer will not be installing a dish capable of bringing in international channels.

3. freebird9

freebird9 New Member

Sep 21, 2012
    okay.. This was the same woman that also told me my local Houston stations and fox sports southwest regional channel were included with the top 120 basic package. Did she also misinform me about this? I hope this isn't typical of dishnet sales reps. I'm starting to get nervous signing over with dish network, especially after being a Directv customer for 17 years. :(

4. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    If you are getting AT120 Plus you will be OK on the RSN (assuming that is the RSN for where you live). If you just signed up for AT120 then no RSNs.

DISH installs what you need for what you subscribe to ... if you do not subscribe to internationals they don't install the special international dish. Upgrading to AT120+ to get your RSNs would not require a dish change, but adding international channels later will. Expect an upgrade cost.

5. freebird9

freebird9 New Member

Sep 21, 2012
    okay thanks for clearing that up for me. Looks like I will have to upgrade to the AT 120+ for an extra $5 per month if I want to add my RSN and watch Houston Rockets basketball games on fox sports southwest.

6. TBoneit

TBoneit Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    Why not also get the German channel at the time of the Install and have all the equipment you need installed. You don't have to keep it forever.

7. DoyleS

DoyleS Icon

Oct 21, 2002
    El Dorado...
    If you are not signing up for any international channels at installation, you are probably going to get the wrong dish. New installations typically get a Dish 1000 which receives 110,119 and 129. You need a Dish 1000 plus that receives 110, 118.7, 119 and 129. It has a special LNB that can receive both 118.7 and 119. You would be best advised to get this all done right at this first installation.