1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Dish shows off in CES parking lot

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by FTA Michael, Jan 7, 2011.

1. FTA Michael

FTA Michael Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jul 21, 2002
    Dish Network has a presence in the "Central Plaza" at CES this year. That the parking lot for NAB and other smaller shows.

Dish is partnered with Winegard to show a huge RV with 4 large HD screens tied to a Dish receiver. One of the screens is above the driver, and will operate while the vehicle is driven. (The RV also has a fridge, a washer/drier, a fireplace, and sleeps 4-6.)

I asked a guy with a Dish badge about the free pay channels we're going to get along with the rate increase. He said he heard we'd get three months of Showtime and Playboy. I wouldn't rely on that.

Anyway, Dish was promoting the Pay-As-You-Go plan for RV owners. Nothing new there.

Attached Files:

2. FTA Michael

FTA Michael Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jul 21, 2002
    More photos.

Attached Files:

3. ndole

ndole Problem Solver

Aug 26, 2009
    That tripod rocks.

4. jbast

jbast Mentor

Feb 8, 2007
    I have been watching HD on Directv while camping for over 5 years, this is not New for Directv customers. NFL and College football, Indy race on memorial day...

5. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    Not new for Dish customers either, so....what's your point?

6. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I believe with DirecTV you only can get HD when you are stationary. Dish HD works when you are actually on the road and moving.

7. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    Is there added new marketing pitch - "TurboHD" - haha, true, sure ...

It must be "TrueOvercompressed1440x1080HD" !