1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DISH Sling Adapter

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Jim148, May 16, 2012.

1. Jim148

Jim148 Godfather

Jun 22, 2004
    I have an Android phone on T-Mobile and I like to listen to TV audio while I am out and about. The problem is I usually go through my data allowance and they start throttling me. Does anybody know if there would be anyway to get just the audio and thus reduce the amount of data used?

2. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    Nope. There isn't.

3. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Tune to radio channel, not to regular with video.

4. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    Yeah but that's not going to get him TV audio, that'll get him Sirius. And that'll still contain the video data on those channels.

5. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    What video ? They send text description with audio PID, and a box running sort of screensaver by itself,

6. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    What video ? They send text description with audio PID, and a box running sort of screensaver by itself, perhaps still picture once per track; I don't see any video.

7. Wire Nut

Wire Nut Legend

Apr 6, 2012
    Are you on the move? Don't suppose there is an unprotected wireless network available where you are watching?

8. AZ.

AZ. Legend

Mar 27, 2011
    I have asked dish/sling for this option for over a year...I have a smart phone that loves to eat batterys.....I like to listen to a ball game, and would be great to watch the replay and not be forced to wast battery, on audio and video when all were looking for is sound...

Hava and Volcano, (compediteor) have had this option for years....

9. Jim148

Jim148 Godfather

Jun 22, 2004
    Thank you for the tip! I am familiar with Vulkano, but not so much with the other one. Time to do some more research.

http://www.myvulkano.com/

10. Jim148

Jim148 Godfather

Jun 22, 2004
    I did post something on their forums and sent an e-mail to the company, but I haven't heard anything back yet. Is this available on all of their units or only certain models?

11. riah

riah Cool Member

May 15, 2008
    I have had a hava box for several years and love it and it still works fine

You should take a look at their forums and see how quickly they drop support for a product however

Not real good on responding to questions or comments either

My box supports iPhone4 on WiFi only and not at All on the iPad