1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish Subscriber with a question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Houston Eric, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Houston Eric

Houston Eric New Member

Oct 20, 2010
    I have a question about the NFL Red Zone. I apologize if this has been discussed, but I did a search and didn't see it. I am currently with Dish Network, but the issues with all my fox channels being removed has angered me (I have the sports pack with all the regional fox channels). I would like to switch to Directv if I can get the Red Zone without purchasing the Sunday Ticket. I have no desire to pay the $300 for the ticket, and I also have no desire to watch all those games. Is it possible to get the Red Zone channel without the Sunday Ticket? The $7 I pay for the Red Zone is a much greater value than the $300 for the Ticket.

2. Hoosier205

Hoosier205 Active Member

Sep 3, 2007
    It may be possible...especially if you let it be known that you will not switch from Dish Network to DirecTV without it.

3. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Some people have been able to pull that off. I, on the other hand, are one of those that cannot get Red Zone by itself no matter how hard I've tried. :(

- Merg

4. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    As mentioned, its possible if you ask for it as part of the switch. Here is the thread where others have discussed how they received the stand alone Red Zone channel [link].

5. WingNut

WingNut AllStar

Sep 18, 2006
    I ordered my service and it has yet to be installed. I'm currently on the phone with them and going to say I am thinking of cancelling the order because I just found out RedZone is not available without paying for the NFL Ticket.

Lets see if they bite.

6. WingNut

WingNut AllStar

Sep 18, 2006
    The CSR claims that they are unable to add the RedZone channel to my order since it has not bee activated. She did say that I can call after it is installed/activated and they will add it for free.

I made her make a note on my account about this.

7. Hoosier205

Hoosier205 Active Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Then you should be all set. I'd recommend you call back right now, confirm that the note is in fact there, and then you'll be all set after the install.

8. domingos35

domingos35 Icon

Jan 11, 2006
    Dude fox will be back sooner or later
    wanna take a chance with directv giving u Red Zone without Sunday Ticket?
    they are indian givers, give with one and and take with the other
    when i called to cancel they gave me 3 months free no strings attached ,after 3 months i canceled and now they want me to pay for those 3 months

screw directv:nono2:

9. Hoosier205

Hoosier205 Active Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Sure they did...

10. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    You may be right about FOX, but can you explain what method they gave you 3 mo's free? Was it a credit to offset your charges on each bill for 3 mo's? If so, did they come back and re-bill you for 3 mo's? I've never heard of simply getting 3 mo's free.

11. domingos35

domingos35 Icon

Jan 11, 2006
    they gave me 3 months free to stay with them
    after 3 months i canceled and now they want me to pay them for the 3 months
    they re billed my credit card for 3mo's
    very simple to understand

12. domingos35

domingos35 Icon

Jan 11, 2006
    do u ever work?
    its like u are here posting day and night
    directv must pay u to post day and night :rolleyes:

13. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    Very simple to understand, but very hard to believe. Sounds to me like there is more to the story and we are getting the biased view of it.

Update: And after further review, there is. Even if its true, its like the fish story that gets bigger each time its told. So based on your post below [link], was it 2 or 3 mo's that you owed. Not to mention based on your other posts, you signed up with Dish in October and didn't cancel DIRECTV until Dec. So is it possible someone with a so called hardship didn't cancel and then didn't want to pay? Or maybe someone may not have returned equipment? Why don't you stick to the Dish forum, where people might actually believe or care about what you post.

14. Hoosier205

Hoosier205 Active Member

Sep 3, 2007
    :lol:

15. Blankman2k5

Blankman2k5 Legend

Oct 20, 2010
    If you disconnected your account without being active for 60 days (paid) from when the credit was issued they reverse it...

16. sgd1201

sgd1201 Cool Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Now I get it.... domingos35, is just mad at Directv because of his own mishandling of his account, that is why he was attacking my negative experience with Dish.