1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Dish Tailgater Question

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by StringFellow, Mar 22, 2013.

1. StringFellow

StringFellow AllStar

Jan 5, 2012
    I saw this on the Dish.com website:

Can I have a Hopper and a ViP 211k receiver on one account?
    Yes, you can enjoy the Hopper Whole-Home HD DVR at home and still have a ViP 211k activated on the same account for your Tailgater®.

Is this really true that you can have a Hopper/Joey account with a ViP 211K receiver/Tailgater setup?

2. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    If Hopper/Joey is being used in the home and the 211 is being used for RV, yes.

3. StringFellow

StringFellow AllStar

Jan 5, 2012
    Just to clarify....I would just pay an additional receiver fee (for the 211) and have the same channel line up on the tailgater without a whole new monthly plan?

4. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    It should if the 211 qualifies for RV and is purchased.

5. 3HaloODST

3HaloODST Godfather

Aug 9, 2010
    They really don't care about the RV part... You can activate any one single owned 211/211k as long as the receiver itself has no balance.

6. puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo Hall Of Fame

Sep 2, 2007
    Technically the rule is only if it is for use in an rv/cv. How stringently that is enforced may be another story.