1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DISH Tech Portal for ViP622

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Bill R, Feb 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill R

Bill R Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2002
  2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Also linked from the "ViP-622 Basics" thread at the top of this forum.
    (as Dish Network Tech Information)

3. TOAST

TOAST Mentor

Feb 8, 2006
    Thank you James , it is verry helpfull.

4. VDP07

VDP07 Godfather

Feb 22, 2006
    Note: the inclusion of HD cables w/the 622 is incorrect. The tech portal info on the items included with the 622 should be corrected hopefully. Unfortunatly, most installers will not bring the required HD cables w/them

5. ChuckA

ChuckA Hall Of Fame

Feb 7, 2006
    The way this is worded you can take it to mean the installer is intended to provide only one of these cables. That being which ever is required for the install job. And, that makes a lot of since for Dish. They should not have to foot the bill for cables that are not used. I would like the description to state that fact rather than imply the cables are shipped in the box.

I have an install scheduled for Saturday and I intend to show the list to the installer if he says he does not provide the cables. Let him work it out with Dish. I do have a backup cable if I have to produce it. I won't let that stop the install from being done. :lol:

6. BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    This is a big deal. HDMI cables are running $100 for a 4 ft. length right now at Best Buy, Circuit City, and Comp USA. I know cheaper ones are available over the web, but I'm talking numbers for the instant gratification types among us......

7. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I'm not very gratified by paying $150-$200 for cables when I only need a $10 cable (including shipping) to get the job done.

8. arundc

arundc AllStar

Jan 13, 2006
    I picked up a HDMI 6ft cable for $90 at BBuy the other day - not Monster but the quality is very good. I think the brand is called Advanced something...the salesman said there was no difference. Monster was almost 2X as much. Besides, I think you need to have eagle eyes to tell the difference between the two brands. They have the same warranty for anyone who cares.

9. ChuckA

ChuckA Hall Of Fame

Feb 7, 2006
  10. arundc

arundc AllStar

Jan 13, 2006
  11. cpdretired

cpdretired AllStar/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Aug 25, 2003
    I just priced a 6' HDMI to DVI cable. The total including priority mail shipping is $10.49. As "ARNDUC" asked has anyone had any experience with this business?

12. ChuckA

ChuckA Hall Of Fame

Feb 7, 2006
    I have heard from other people they work fine. So far I have not been able to verify it myself. I ordered both an HDMI-HDMI and a Component set but they have not arrived yet. My 622 install is tomorrow so hopefully they will get here today. I have another cable to use if not.

They also sell cables on ebay for .99 but they charge more for shipping on ebay sells. I think ebay may still be a little cheaper. That's where I got mine.

I hope to be able to verify it for you in the next couple of days.

13. jakattak

jakattak AllStar

Feb 14, 2005
    According to Dish, the installer is responsible for bringing the HD cables. If they don't, get Dish on the horn.

14. Charise

Charise AllStar/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 25, 2004
    I purchased a 10' DVI to HDMI cable from monoprice last week that arrived the day of my install--2/21. They work great in the few days I've had them.:) No problem at all with monoprice as a seller. I bought a USB hub too--total price including shipping was $19.37.

15. arundc

arundc AllStar

Jan 13, 2006
    Good deal! ...but I am old school in some ways. If I don't see a contact mailing address on a website, I skip right away.

16. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    I get most of my cables on E-Bay. Stores are WAY overpriced with this stuff.

17. ChuckA

ChuckA Hall Of Fame

Feb 7, 2006
    It's right there in their Company Info page:

Monoprice, Inc.
    9447 London Way, Suite 104
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
    Telephone : (909)989-6887
    Fax : (909)989-0078
    Office Hours : Monday ~ Friday, 9:00 AM ~ 6:00PM Pacific Time

:dance01:

18. arundc

arundc AllStar

Jan 13, 2006
    I stand corrected. I was looking at their Contact page. I'll give them a shot one of these days.

Thanks.

19. ITSec_Guy

ITSec_Guy AllStar

Sep 23, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    Anyone who tells you that there isn't a difference doesn't care and wouldn't notice! I assure you that there is a difference, ESPECIALLY in cases over 6ft! The loss of sound and color is very visible in HD on a 61" TV. It's worth the money if you have it to throw away...

20. Marriner

Marriner Legend

Jan 23, 2006
    i have purchased many cables, speaker wire, etc. from monoprice including hdmi to dvi, hdmi to hdmi, digital audio and Y P Br component cables. The price is very low and the quality and workmanship of the cables is top notch. When i had my second 622 installed by the dish installer, i handed him my ten foot hdmi cable (Monoprice PID 2504) to make the connection. He said "nice cable, where did you get it?" I told him. when i told him the price ($5.24 + S&H), he almost passed out.

Monoprice sells top quality stuff at an unbeatable price with excellent service.

I can't see why anyone would pay $90 or more for an HDMI cable of average length.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.