1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish UI

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by wyattwd, Dec 30, 2011.

1. wyattwd

wyattwd Cool Member

Dec 30, 2011
    It seems like I've tried every television provider in America and always find myself coming back to Dish. Just had it installed at my new residence yesterday. I thought it'd be an appropriate time to ask as we're approaching 2012--will we ever see a new user interface on our Dish STB's?

The current software is stable and usable but it's getting kind of stale. Would a complete overhaul of the UI even be possible?

2. gtal98

gtal98 Godfather

Jan 30, 2011
    The 922 already has a new UI. All newer receivers (XiP) are expected to have this as well.

3. EdJ

EdJ Legend

Jan 9, 2007
    The software guys can always write new code for an entirely new and fancy user interface. BUT, new software means a lot of new bugs..... :eek2: I fall into the school of 'if it works, don't mess with it'. :nono:

4. wyattwd

wyattwd Cool Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Yeah, you're right. Hope the UI on the 922 will eventually be pushed to the 722k and 211k.

5. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I would not hold my breath... Those receivers are more likely to be replaced with a future model than they are to get a redesigned GUI.