1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish v. Voom

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by jfulenchek, May 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfulenchek

jfulenchek Cool Member

Aug 19, 2003
    I on Dishnet and have been for 10 years. I'm thinking about moving to Voom to get more HD content now that they have added ESPN. Unlike Dish, they seem to feel that there is meaningful HD content worthy of their investment. Has anyone tried VOOM. How do they compare? How can I tell what locals I get off their antenas?

Thanks

2. Cyclone

Cyclone Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 1, 2002
    Make sure to look over Voom's SD channel line up. There is a lot that they do not have. But check the lineup, because the channels that you want might be there.

Voom does not carry a single Local channel. They depend on your ability to use a standard Over the Air antenna to tune in your local channels. This is intregrated into their Tuner box. So depending on your location, you can either get many locals or very few. Its just depends on your ability to tune in locals OTA. Voom will install that antenna with your installation.

Also much of Voom's HD value is in their premium channels. So unless you are getting their $80/mo package, you might want to check out exactly what you are getting.

You should also check out the Voom Forums here and over at www.satelliteguys.us for Voom info.

3. jfulenchek

jfulenchek Cool Member

Aug 19, 2003
    Yes, I just looked and it seems they don't carry the local fox sports net.

4. mini1

mini1 Icon

Jan 25, 2004
    look at the voom forum on satelliteguys, they tend to be a bit better than this sites Voom forum for some reason. check it out. you will see everything you need to know about Voom and reviews from current and past customers.

5. MattS

MattS Godfather

Apr 5, 2004

I dont want to sound like a dick or anything but Dish Network has only been available to the public for alittle over 8 years. Just helpin you out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.