1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Dish VIP 722 Remote Control Problems

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by artcal, Oct 8, 2010.

1. artcal

artcal Cool Member

Sep 28, 2010
    It’s always something… This is probably something really simple but I just can’t figure it out. Just installed my new Dish VIP 722. Everything is working perfectly except for the TV1 (IR 5.4) & TV2 (IR/UHF PRO 6.4) remote controls. For your info, the 722 and TV1 remote are in the family room and the other TV2 remote is for the bedroom directly above. The TV1 remote from the family room switches the channels in the bedroom and the TV2 remote does the same thing on both the bedroom and the family room televisions.

Read the Dish manual and changed the remote address several times (however not all 16), nothing; changed the UHF band from A to B; didn’t work, installed UHF attenuator; no luck. (Just for your info, I replaced the Dish VIP 622 with the 722 and placed in the exact spot and changed nothing else.) This wasn’t a problem with the 622.

Running out of ideas, any suggestions are very much appreciated.

2. TulsaOK

TulsaOK DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 23, 2004
    Are you in Single or Dual user mode?

3. artcal

artcal Cool Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Thanks for the prompt response. I'm a dual mode user but based on your question, I noticed that it's in single mode. That might be the problem but how do I change to dual mode?

Thanks!

4. TulsaOK

TulsaOK DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 23, 2004
    The button next to the power button will switch modes.

5. artcal

artcal Cool Member

Sep 28, 2010
    That did the trick!
    Thanks!