1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish website

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Wilf, May 20, 2009.

1. Wilf

Wilf Legend

Oct 15, 2008
    I have difficulty in logging on to see my account on the Dish website. It is so sloooooow. Sometimes it hangs or won't let me enter my ID/PW. I have always felt that Dish website designers were teenagers high on something they shouldn't be taking.

I admit I am using Adblock, but this is the only site I have problems with. I was so frustrated, that the last time i was finally able to logon, I cancelled paperless billing.

I use Firefox and Ubuntu, so malware is extremely unlikely. If Dish wants folks to go paperless, I would think their website should be -- well more businesslike, without the flashing images and dancing whatchamacallits.

Wilf

2. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    Interesting...

IE8 works just fine for me.

Can you temporarily turn off Adblock?

3. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    I was on this morning, no problems here. In fact it seemed faster than normal.

4. SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg Active Member

Aug 30, 2004
    Wilf,

I use Firefox and have no such issues. (Not sure what has to do with the likelihood of malware. :confused:

5. Wilf

Wilf Legend

Oct 15, 2008
    I think I have figured it out, and I don't know why I haven't run into it before. I clean out my cookies now and then, and dishnetwork.com basically hangs when there is no pre-existing cookie. Other websites let you log in anyway and they then set a new cookie. I see this as a HTML programming bug.

I stand by my comment that a page for accessing account info should be less jazzed up.

Wilf

6. 4HiMarks

4HiMarks Hall Of Fame

Jan 21, 2004
    Laurel, MD
    I haven't looked at their code, but I agree with you in general. The Dish web site sucks. It is never up-to-date, you can't find anything, they don't even have half the stuff they should, and what's left is extremely confusing. I bet there are better LOLcat pages out there.

7. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I know that the website is handled by Darryl and his other brother Darryl. (Their now estranged brother Larry to whom they don't talk is in charge of Public Relations and Marketing.):rolleyes: