1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Dish will be removed while they reshingle.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by ejjames, Oct 10, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ejjames

ejjames Icon

Oct 2, 2006
    How long can I tune and record my OTA channels on my HR20 without a sat signal?

2. rhambling

rhambling Godfather

Dec 19, 2007
    you should be ok, IF you dont lose power to your box. once that happens and your box will need a signal to complete the reboot process

3. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    The AM21 should work just fine. However, rhambling is correct about the power issue.

I had my roof done last spring.

I actually screwed my dish to a piece of plywood and proped it up for a couple days.

This worked pretty well.

It's not too hard to aim on the ground.

A word of advice. Don't let the roofers take down the dish. I never did find all the bolts. :rolleyes:

Mike

4. David MacLeod

David MacLeod New Member

Jan 29, 2008
    some people have also said they used a bucket with cement as a temp mount, its cheap and may help you as a temp solution.

5. rhambling

rhambling Godfather

Dec 19, 2007
    just have your dish on a pole mount, so you wont mess up your new roof. you can do it yourself or have an installer come do it.

6. joe diamond

joe diamond Hall Of Fame

Feb 28, 2007
    Yup,

Remove the mast an leave the dish settings alone. You can bolt the mast to a wood pile or plywood with weight on it. Note the LOS (line of sight) before moving it.

Joe