1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

DishNet Internet Issue - Network Time problem

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by kayceespix, Sep 8, 2013.

1. kayceespix

kayceespix New Member

Sep 8, 2013
    New Smyrna...
    Hi - I'm having an issue with my usage on DishNet Internet (Hughes HT1000). I've noticed for the past week or so that it seems like my anytime usage is going down faster than expected, even though we're doing our best to limit any downloads/uploads to off-peak time. This morning I realized it had dropped in the last 24 hours and we have not even been home. I went into the System Control Center and noticed that it appears the time is off by four hours!

I called and spoke with a customer service person with DishNet who seemed a little perplexed, but said that there have been quite a few others across the country who have complained that their service was off by 1-2 hours, but that I was the first to notice the time on the modem being off. This of course causes our anytime/bonus bytes allotment to be off. Wondering if anyone on this board has run into this or can help us get this escalated with DishNet to get this resolved.

For reference, my current time as shown on my computer is 10:03 (I'm in Florida) while my DishNet Network time shows as 14:04.

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Sounds like a configuration problem somewhere when you're getting Zulu time (Greenwich Mean Time).