1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

dishnet slow after storm

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by jrlt, Jun 14, 2013.

1. jrlt

jrlt Cool Member

Aug 27, 2009
    my internet has slowed down and will not connect to my nook hd+ tablet. on my old service i just cycled the modem. how do oi get to the modem page to check it?

2. RBA

RBA Active Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Is this a DISH problem?

3. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    This doesn't really fit into any of the forums, probably I'd ask at www.broadbandreports.com for your "internet" problem.

That said - the most common diagnostic tool used is to power off / power on your equipment - the satellite receiver for the internet connection, and much the same for what ever provides your WiFi connection.

4. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    Maybe either General Dish or Tech Talk.

Or maybe add a DishNet Forum? But then again, there's no HughesNet section either.

5. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    I'd suggest maybe a satellite internet forum needs to be added... in the appropriate section.

6. gtal98

gtal98 Godfather

Jan 30, 2011
    If you're devices aren't connecting, try power cycling your router. To check the modem go to systemcontrolcenter.com if it's Hughes system or 192.168.100.1 if it's an Exede system.

1 person likes this.