1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dishnetwork needs more ALT sports channels/Hockey game missing!

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by ehren, Mar 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ehren

ehren Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2003
    Why was the ALT 5 sports channel removed? Friday night the FSN-Wisconsin feed is not available because every other channel is being used for other sports. Thus I cannot watch the Wisconsin/Michigan NCAA first round hockey game. I sent an e-mail to the ceo dishnetwork dot com address and hope to get a reply. I was hoping to maybe post something here and maybe someone at Dish can use a PPV sports channel or something? Maybe even add a ALT 5 channel? Why in the world is a Colorado @ Dallas arena football game on both ALT 4 and FSN-Rocky Mountain channel 414??? They have no blackouts and even if it was both seperate feeds couldn't you just watch the game on 414 and free up ALT 4 for the hockey game? Just really makes no sense. Hope Dish can help out us Dish subscribers in Michigan and Wisconsin and heck any other area that wants to watch this game!!! College hockey doesn't even have blackouts either! They wouldn't need to mess around with territories or anything! Last year a PPV sports channel was used for the belly up station Victory Sports for the NCAA tourney last year. I would hope they would do the same for FSN-Wisconsin. And to top it off the game is being carried on ESPN-U which Dish does not have yet!!!!

Thanks for listening.

2. juan ellitinez

juan ellitinez Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 31, 2003
    Probably removed(or not re-added) because there are no NHL games

3. ehren

ehren Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2003
    well they sure care, haven't received an e-mail all day.

4. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    Theres hardly anything on those ALTS.

5. ehren

ehren Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2003
    Well pretty lame how they open up 2 extra ESPN channels for the Women's basketball but they don't prepare themselves for the overflow of games tomorrow night. Still makes no sense why a arena football game is on ALT 4 when the same freakin game is on 414. IDIOTS!

6. Slamminc11

Slamminc11 Hall Of Fame

Jan 27, 2005
    I'd much rather watch an Arena Football game than a stupid/boring college hockey game any day!!!! And I hate Arena Football! :lol:

7. ehren

ehren Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2003
    I'd rather see me taking off my skate and stabbing you :lol:

8. Dan9

Dan9 Godfather

Feb 21, 2005
  9. ehren

ehren Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2003
    Yeah thanks I appreciate the research but this is the Wisconsin version that is not being carried on the Dish ALT channels which is my gripe in the beginning. FSN-North Minnesota is showing Boston College/North Dakota. Why mention ESPN U in the Dishnetwork forum? They don't even have it!

10. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    There are 2 FSN North. Channel 436 is FSN North Minnesota only when the net is split. FSN North Wisconsin is on an Alternate when there is a difference in the programming. The Badgers Hockey is different than what will be shown on 436 and should be on an Alternate, but as ehren points out there are no alternates with no programming to put the game on.

ehren, the reason for the 2 feeds of the Arena Football is likely the Dallas feed is on the Alt.and they would not get the FSN Rocky Mountain feed without Multisports.

There is no apparent need for the ESP3A and ESP4A anymore. I am surprised they did not take them down yesterday. There is always a need for more alternates at this time of year and they have met the need in previous years. They should get them up now and they will be available for the MLB/NBA overlap season.

BTW: This is not the first time this season they were short an alternate.

11. ehren

ehren Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2003
    If only I could have gotten Dish' attention earlier in the week, ugh.

Well there's still hoping they might use a PPV sports channel like they did with Victory Sports last year.

12. Dan9

Dan9 Godfather

Feb 21, 2005
    I guess you didn't mention ESPN U at all in your Post did you?

13. Pils

Pils AllStar

Sep 20, 2004
    I will be at the game for my team luckily. you could try that as well, go gophers.

14. ehren

ehren Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2003
    I didn't mention ESPN U in my original post??? Good Grief read it again!

15. BFG

BFG Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    Go BC! :)

16. Dan9

Dan9 Godfather

Feb 21, 2005
    It doesn't say anything at all about ESPN U in this post does it? lol :lol:

17. Shellback X 23

Shellback X 23 Legend

Sep 18, 2004
    Well as long as I could get ALT4 at 5pm for Colorado College vs Colgate I would be a happy camper except I have to work 3-8pm. :( Go Tigers !! :) No DVR :(

18. ehren

ehren Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2003
    I even sent an e-mail to the local newspaper asking if they would either call or put the 800# of Dish so people would call in.

I was thinking of trying the tech department but I really feel it's a waste of time trying to call and explain all of this. I used to have a Directv long distance # where you got the head of the sports programming department. Dish needs one!

19. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Looks like ESPN-U to me. :D

20. ehren

ehren Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2003
    Dang I was hoping your post would show something was added. I really don't have any confidence in Dish adding the feed now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.