1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DishNetwork, Why no "the mtn." subscription

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by DishTV, Mar 3, 2010.

1. DishTV

DishTV Cool Member

Nov 12, 2007
    :listenup:Moutain West Conference Viewers! If you want to see DishNetwork pick up the MWC programs, please call and write DishNetWork to ask them to add "the Mtn." so we can watch, especially now that the Basketball tourney is about to start!!

Thanks, and here is hoping your team gets to the Big Dance..

2. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    :: scratches head::

Team dancing?

Nahhhhhhhh.

3. DishTV

DishTV Cool Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Naaaaaaaahhhhhhh.....:nono2: :thats: Basketball March Madness!

4. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    I'd like to see him add the Big 12 TV network, but neither one is too likely at this point...

5. Willh

Willh Legend

Jan 1, 2009
    um, the Big 12 network is a syndication network that basically part of the regional networks part of ESPN known as ESPN Plus. they air Big 12 games on local channels in Big XII market, so basically, the Big 12 Network isn't even a real cable channel, but a Syndication package network.

here's the wikipedia article on ESPN Plus who owns the Big 12 network:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESPN_Plus

and here's ESPN Plus's website to find out where Big 12 Network games air in your TV Market locally:
    http://www.espnplus.com/

6. commodore_dude

commodore_dude AllStar

Aug 25, 2008
    The situation for MWC fans is ridiculous. You can't get Versus on DirecTV, and you can't get The Mtn on Dish. Cable subscribers outside the conference footprint are just screwed in general :)

7. Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411 Icon

Aug 26, 2007
    Last I heard the MTN wanted a million month, although I hate being blacked out of pretty much every WY game because we don't get the MTN a million a month is ridiculous for a fledgling channel.