1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Dishpointer Question

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by scchang, Apr 2, 2013.

1. scchang

scchang Cool Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Using dishpointer.com in northern CA, I wanted to verify that selecting 1000+ would be the correct selection for a Hopper installation. Thankfully, this gives me good LOS.

Also, is the direction indicated on dishpointer the midpoint of the satellite group? I ask because when I enter 110W alone, the LOS indicator line is a little close to a tree given my desired mounting point (trying for chimney or rear roof).

Screenshots attached.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    the values are an estimation, final result you'll have after install and aiming

Hint: avoid positions where the LOS close to three branches, it will be blocked in a couple years

3. wpsr2005

wpsr2005 New Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Yes, the 1000 dish is correct. Like P Smith said, be careful about tree limbs, as of course they will continue to grow, and cause issues later on down the road.