1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dishpro adapter

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by BirdMan1!, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BirdMan1!

BirdMan1! Cool Member

Jun 8, 2006
    Does anyone know or know where I can get some tech. info on a dp adap. I understand it down converts the evens back into the 950-1450 range, however my question is, is the adpater it's self a switch which acepts the stacked sig. downconverts then uses the leg rec voltage to switch? Also any tech info on the new dual band (fss & dbs) dual output lnb?

2. Slordak

Slordak Hall Of Fame

Dec 17, 2003
    Since the DishPro adapter is fed with the signal for all of the transponders from a given satellite, it is reasonable to assume that it is itself doing the switching between passing on the even and odd transponders for the legacy receiver to which it is connected. Any request for transponders on a different satellite must still be passed along to the real switch.

3. BirdMan1!

BirdMan1! Cool Member

Jun 8, 2006
    Well I assuming the DP adap. is accepting stacked sig. from DP lnb down converting the evens to the 1450 range accepting the leg rec voltage to toggle between the now 2 (downconverted evens) pols, then must use DiSEqC to control the lnb orbital slot request. That was my therory, my question is that infact the truth?

4. Slordak

Slordak Hall Of Fame

Dec 17, 2003
    I don't believe Dish distributes this kind of detailed technical information about their products, but I would say that based on the operation of the device, yes, this is what is in fact happening.

5. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Likely flipping the evens down when called for and passing through the signalling ... plus acting as a power inserter to drive the more power hungry DP LNBs.

But yes, deep technical information is generally not released.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.