1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dishpro vs. Legacy

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by Ross, Sep 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ross

Ross New Member

Sep 24, 2002
    I'm interested in purchasing a 721 from one of two local dealers. One offers the 721 alone for $ 549 (with 2 units currently in stock) whereas the other only offers a package that includes the 721 along with a dish and Dishpro lmnb for $ 599. My current setup (twin lmnb & SW42 switch) should work well with the addition of a second cable so I don't really NEED the Dishpro to get going.

Although I don't have any plans to upgrade beyond the 721 I'm wondering if the Dishpro will provide better performance or if there are any other factors that could incline me to wait a week (assuming that the 2nd dealer can actually get one as promised) and pay $ 50 more. BTW, although my cable run is fairly long (about 120') my signal strength with my current 4000 unit has always been satisfactory.

I'd appreciate any thoughts on this decision.

2. jcrash

jcrash Legend

Jul 21, 2002
    I've only had my 721 for about a week, but so far it is doing fine with my SW64. I also think that package deal might only be for new subscribers.

I got my 721 for $499 online, you can save the $50 if you try.

3. zimm0who0net

zimm0who0net Legend

Aug 27, 2002
    If you're never planning on adding a second dish to receive signal off the wing satellites and never plan on adding an additional receiver I'd stick with what you've got.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.