1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish's new pricing

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by shadough, Jun 14, 2010.

1. shadough

shadough Icon

Dec 31, 2006
    Yes I know, yet another thread about the new pricing. I've tried reading various articles and threads about it but am still confused as to whats on my bill.

1st up I have 2 receivers, a 510 DVR which 'appears' the be the primary and a 322 duo receiver. I don't see a duo charge on my bill, instead I see the following:
    $10 solo DVR receiver (shouldnt this, the 1st receiver, be included in the package price?)
    $6 DVR service (I thought that went away?)

As I understand it, the 1st receiver is included in the package and I should only be charged the 2nd receiver fee, which being a duo 322, should be $14 right?

2. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    Sounds like for billing purposes they consider the 322 your primary receiver, which is good because as you pointed out you're only paying $10 for your secondary receiver, if the 322 was the secondary you'd be paying $4 more.

3. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Regardless of what you may see on your account equipment listing, for billing the first receiver is the one that incurs the highest charge.

For instance, on my account equipment page, I see this:

[​IMG]

Based on that you'd think my primary receiver was a solo 612. But on my last two bills I'm billed for the 612 and the 722 is included in the package:

[​IMG]

And the DVR service fee is now charged if you have one, but only once no matter how many DVRs you have.