1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Disney buys Lucasfilm! New Star Wars in 2015. No, I'm not making this up!

Discussion in 'The Movies' started by djlong, Oct 30, 2012.

1. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
  2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Ep8, 9 and 10. If Lucas would have energy to [strike]make[/strike] supervise these.

3. dogs31

dogs31 Godfather

Feb 27, 2006
    Wonder how Vader feels about this?

4. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
  5. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Love this pic from AVS

[​IMG]

6. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Life Mickey's Star ? To restore damaged planets ?

7. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 DIRECTV A-Team

Jul 28, 2004
    So does Darth Vader get cute and giggly or does Mickey turn evil? :D

8. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Vader becomes a replacement ref in ESPN/Disney's made for cable movie about the 2012 umpire strike. I feel a disturbance in the force ... 10 yard penalty.

Lucas sells out to the mouse ... it's a small world after all.

9. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I'm thinking it will be similar to Pixar. I don't think there was much change for those employees when Disney bought it.

10. boukengreen

boukengreen Legend

Sep 22, 2009
    I've got a bad feeling about this.

11. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    In the conference call, Disney basically said they were leaving Lucasfilm alone. The employees would stay, the direction would stay, etc. Just like they did with Pixar.

Lucasfilm's Indiana Jones rights are included. Yet another studio is going to be contributing to Disney's kitty:

- Paramount has some of the Indiana Jones' rights. What they do will now contribute to Disney as well.
    - Paramount's deal with Marvel for Spider-Man gives Disney money.
    - Universal Studio's deal with Marvel for theme park rights give Disney money.

12. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    Lemme guess.......

A future Jones exploration will discover that Micky and Minnie are Darth's grandparents?

Sounds pretty goofy to me.

13. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    Not sure if this was just a rumor but we were in Florida recently and someone had mentioned that Disney was going to take those tights back in order that they may use them in their parks

14. litex2x

litex2x Legend

Sep 8, 2012
    I think people are worrying too much about this. I mean they did a great job with handling Marvel at least in my opinion.

15. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I hope they don't go after Adywan...his fan edit of Empire Strikes Back is supposed to be released next year. He's been working on it for about 3 years I think.

Lucas says that most of the proceeds will be used for his philanthropic efforts.

16. Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould Icon

Jan 14, 2007
    This is my thought too. Lucas would have never made another. Atleast its a chance for a good one. If its crap what have we lost.

17. paulh

paulh Godfather

Mar 17, 2003
    From what I have read from big Disney fans. They wish Disney could take back the characters, but Universal has perpetual Florida theme park rights to those Marvel characters as long as Universal continues to market attractions based on those characters.
    There may or may not be additional characters Disney can use in Disney World, but that is unsure based on the Avengers ties. (FYI, They have/had an Avengers movie clad monorail, but it is not allowed to run the EPCOT route, because that monorail enter the boundary of a theme park )

But Universal no longer holds Marvel rights any where else (I think they let California expire) So the other Disneylands may get Marvel attractions.

18. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Supreme Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    [youtubehd]WWaLxFIVX1s[/youtubehd]

19. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Yes, he voiced it in post #19